ssl certificates help please

strixd

Having a bit of an issue with ssl. I enabled https, point my web browser to my server, everything works fine. When I try to use my android clients, there are no images, and playback does not work. My server gives this error:

2015-09-25 19:00:01.3045 Error - HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5724.5
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /mnt/config
	Operating system: Unix 3.19.3.200
	Processor count: 12
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /mnt/config
	Mono: 4.0.3 (Stable 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 Thu Aug 13 12:39:47 UTC 2015)
	Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	The authentication or decryption has failed.
	System.IO.IOException
	  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException
	The authentication or decryption has failed.
	  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.ProcessAlert (AlertLevel alertLevel, AlertDescription alertDesc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.ReceiveRecord (System.IO.Stream record) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslServerStream.EndNegotiateHandshake (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I am trying to migrate from plex to emby, love emby so far. Can't wait to use it outside my network! Thanks!

( It seems other people have had this issue as well: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/issues/1097 )

Edited by strixd

• 3 weeks later...
Untoten

we still have some work to do with the android app and ssl

I used IIS and enables we socket and it works perfect with the app.  The only thing I get now is a message that says SSL Certificate Error (Shitty Comodo cert) but I just hit okay and it all works, I can play media too!

runtimesandbox

Just to add, am also using SSL with emby externally, android app works fine and I can play music / movies with default SSL in emby server

Only issue is the cover art / images not showing as above.

Untoten

Just to add, am also using SSL with emby externally, android app works fine and I can play music / movies with default SSL in emby server

Only issue is the cover art / images not showing as above.

Where do you store your metadata?  System drive or external storage?  I noticed with plex and emby some of my cover art doesnt load until I refresh.  I realized it was because of the delay of emby/Plex pulling the coverart from my network storage which obviously would be much quicker if the art was locally stored.  Perhaps that's the issue you have too?  Perhaps devs can think of some way to address that.  I wish there was an option to store metadata in both the default location and in the media folders so the software may use the local drive for quick access and store the data in the media folder for it's use in other programs such as Plex or Windows Media Center.

EDIT: Never noticed but actually my cover art is not loading either. Strange.... Good thing you mentioned that.  If anyone needs logs or help I have plenty of IT experience, just let me know what you need.  I'm a BODS developer currently so anything with big data I can assist with too.

EDIT2: WTF! The video playback does not work either now!  It worked before but now it won't work at all. no matter what format!  I ahve tried .mkv .mp4 and .avi for reference.  This is weird!  Now that I think about it this happened last time too.  The app works great for about a week then boom.  Won't play anything, and last time it would not auth with the server whatsoever after about 3 weeks.  So weird, I thought it was just coincidental before.

Edited by Untoten

• 3 weeks later...
MSattler

I am watching in anticipation as well lol.  

So is this the Emby for Android TV app or the Android Phone App?

And this happens once you select "Report HTTPS as external address"?

I just purchased a domain, and setup a SSL cert as well.  Most of my family uses Emby for Android TV, so I don't want to enable it if it will break it.

HeWhoWas

I bought a valid SSL certificate for my domain, and the Android Emby app works well with it. I guess you could achieve the same result by importing your self signed certificates CA into your android device.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
strixdio

The latest update(s) seem to have fixed most issues. Chromecast playback works, but the control seems a bit wonky (paused a show, came back 5 min later and hit play, but it started the video over), can't easily close the app/notification on android... But that's minor. IT WORKS! Thanks everyone.

The latest update(s) seem to have fixed most issues. Chromecast playback works, but the control seems a bit wonky (paused a show, came back 5 min later and hit play, but it started the video over), can't easily close the app/notification on android... But that's minor. IT WORKS! Thanks everyone.

Hi, you're referring to android mobile?