v0.592 Released

cmcg

FrostByte

Just a little.  Same column I guess but mine is HT- and his is BD- then the series. 

if (pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(0,2) == "HT"){   this.modelYear = pluginTV.GetProductCode(0).substring(3,4);

Edited by FrostByte

paulsalter

I am happy to test the 1080p version in the other topic and report if it works or not (will need to check instructions for installing from usb as I haven't done this before)

if it fails, is it just a case of logging in with the develop account and using the ip address at the start of this thread to get this version back?

FrostByte

I don't believe it actually uninstalls the version installed, it just runs off usb stick (doesn't install).  But yes, you can always just reinstall cmcgerty's version from the IP again if needed.

paulsalter

disappointing but not surprising that it doesn't work, it is quite an old model now

if you ever want anything tested on the older model, I will gladly help out

• Like 1

chessdragon136

What's interesting to me is to find specific guidelines from Samsung on what will and will not allow us to get the app into their app store, so that far more people can enjoy this thing. Speaking for myself I'd want those high-res images, but lets see if we can delve into the guidelines and see what is likely to get it thrown out of Samsung certification.

Good luck finding anything - The low res is due to D series compatibility (546P or whatever it is), E+ allows for 720 & H allows for 1080)

Given that D series app registrations are now closed I would recommend upgrading all images & css to 720 - Most CSS is fixed so will need multiplying up.

I wish I had more time to commit to this, but I've changed the email address notifications come to now so if anyone needs my help / opinion then please let me know. 

Good luck @

• Like 7

FrostByte

And it doesn't work

It sits at Connecting for about a minute then just locks the whole device up

Once the app is switched to 720p I would give it a try, my F series may barf on that version too if H models were the first to do 1080 smart hub

Edited by FrostByte

I'm surprised given the current discussion, but I tried shorty's 1080 version and it appears to work fine on E-Series (60ES8000). Fonts are mixed sizes, sometimes too small, and some of the dolby, dts and other icons look B&W, but otherwise it runs. Not via side-loading but it works if I load it from my own web server.

I'd like to see an overhaul of the media icons, so either they're all the same colour, or are monochrome.

Explains why they appeared B&W.  Colour gets my vote.

fluffykiwi

Working great in bluray player f series bd-f7500 and h series tv UE55HU8500.

Edit was getting bluray player version reporting older version within app but now updated correctly. Thanks for the help.

Love this app.

Edited by fluffykiwi

No, that's fine. When playing a film on the BD, do you get the DVD case and ratings in the bottom right on pressing play,pause, FF or RW? That feature's not in 588.

fluffykiwi

Yes get dvd case showing in pause. Bluray player now seems exact same as tv. Must have been mid update, although was turned off and on few times and strange seeing different versions being reported.

Was also not showing splash screen but that also now showing.

Btw only trying bluray version to report on any problems as bluray player rarely used due to emby working so well. :)

Edited by fluffykiwi

This is good news guys, They only reason I have not switched from my current server/app setup is the lack of Samsung app support, both development and in-store support. I'll be watching this closely.