v0.592 Released

cmcg

I'm not sure tbh, but I guess the best thing to do would be to leave a legacy version available for those with unsupported TV's and move on with 1080p for those with supported TVs.

Agreed. I think we've got at least another bug fix release to do before we look at features. If we get it nice and stable for the majority then that's the time to branch off and add the high res images. Given that @@shorty1483 already did the heavy lifting on that we should be in good shape.

Edited by cmcgerty

I'd be fine with 720 on my 1080 screen, it's only the GUI. But if it still looks shit on 4k then we'd have failed.

FrostByte

That includes Chessdragon who has a D series model who you would be leaving behind, just saying

Another option for people is to buy a F/H series BD player or Home Theater System.  I have the app also loaded on my HTS and it works the same except a button or two on the remote.   I would think an old F series BD player could be had for cheap

I think 720p would be the way to go then.  The only way to increase user base is get it in the store.  This may also help the H series users who can't install it right now

• Like 2

Fully agree..a while back I did some developing here when I got my samsung tv but soon went back to Kodi due to not being able to tolerate seeing what looks like a SD resolution on a 4K TV.

You're only talking about images though?

At what model do 1080/720 images become possible? Which models can't display them?

FrostByte

According to Shorty's link F series TVs/BD players and greater can do HD images.  E series can with an Evolution kit SEK-1000

Checking that code works in the 2011 emulator is already a pita. Better to let old models fall away when the time is right. (But keeping the old version available as previously suggested.)

Colin - not sure if you could have a look at Photos playback, but there's an option to have no date/time, date only, or date & time displayed, via the red button.

I personally prefer date only, but the option doesn't persist, so wondered if it's possible to add an option to save your preference?

Colin - not sure if you could have a look at Photos playback, but there's an option to have no date/time, date only, or date & time displayed, via the red button.

I personally prefer date only, but the option doesn't persist, so wondered if it's possible to add an option to save your preference?

Sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

fluffykiwi

Thank you for the update.

Working great here

Would also love a 1080p version if possible.

Edited by fluffykiwi

MongooseMan

Can the app not detect the TV year and present either high res graphics or low res?

And, if so, why stop at 1080p? I could get 4k pics on my UHD TV :D (Now to find some 4k series backdrops...)

Had a play with the 1080p version through USB and it looks great. Think this is definitely the way the app needs to be now.

• Like 1

paulsalter

This might be a stupid question

How can I tell if my device will handle the high res graphics (is there something in the manual that would say?)

I have the BD-E6100 - Blu-ray player, 2012 model, as its Blu-ray it should handle HD

Thanks

paulsalter

Hi,

I am yes, and it works great, no problems at all

I don't have any problems with the current images, just curious if my machine is going to be obsolete for future versions if images all go hi res

FrostByte

Just because the BD player will play HD BDs doesn't mean the hub will have HD icons, etc.  Assuming your E model BD player uses the same version of hub as the E series TVs then it probably doesn't.  You could always try shorty's proof of concept if you want to try and check it out though

FrostByte

It's nice to see others who have tried it on their HTS/BD player and show it works

cmcgerty, not sure if you need to add code to detect BD players also?  That E may be in a different column.  I suppose he's getting the default which is working