Android Remote client

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

I love the Android client  but i would like to see just a remote client for my tablet, right now if I exit out of the app I cant get back into the remote app to pause the movie or anything. Just an idea

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

You can go to "resume" find the show/movie and resend it to that client, it will flicker for a second be you will be there in control again.

I think ideally there would be another tab that says "Current Clients" or similar and you could just check this.  Hope someone in the know looks to see if this is there already or doable.

But i still give the app 5 stars!

• 11 months later...
dark_slayer

Something will definitely be happening with this in the new year.

Hey Red, are input controls even an option from MBT or MBC?

For example, xbmc has this through their json web api (I think). So not only the official remote exists, but there is a web remote that launches on port 80 by default on the Lan IP, and there's the extremely popular third party Yatse.

All options can do some basic functions to whichever IP they are connected to - arrow keys, play, pause, stop, back, enter, and context menu

Since the windows and mac desktop plex clients are simply xbmc forks with their server components built in the previously named Plex media center had these web controls as well. The plex android app back then had a place in settings to "launch remote"

I thought this was really good, but they removed all of it AFAIK when they forked xbmc frodo for their current desktop clients name "plex home theater"

The casting features mediabrowser built in are truly awesome. The occasional web input options would just be complementary. I'm not sure if web inputs are even possibilities though