Skip Forward/Back

dwyatt

OK, so then there is no reason why the seek images for the Roku plugin can't be stored with the other metadata?

The other metadata has the same limitation.  If you don't store it alongside your media, then moving the media will cause us to have to rebuild it.  That is one of the reasons I strongly recommend storing the metadata along with the media.

See my post above :).

Sorry for all the confusion.  I wasn't aware that the setting already existed and, when you asked for it, I assumed it didn't.

Of course, it is still potentially a valid request for the individual plug-in setting to be replaced with the standard setting on the server...

But a good argument for not doing that would be just how expensive it is to generate these.  So maybe you want all the other metadata not stored there but do want these.

dcook

@@ebr that is not the setting, all that does is tell the plugin to save with the media, what I am looking for is a setting that looks like this:

58d15ae8980e1_Capture4444.jpg

But specific for the Roku Plugin since the Plugin is not honoring the settings that are already defined for Metadata in the server.

See my post above :).

Sorry for all the confusion.  I wasn't aware that the setting already existed and, when you asked for it, I assumed it didn't.

Of course, it is still potentially a valid request for the individual plug-in setting to be replaced with the standard setting on the server...

But a good argument for not doing that would be just how expensive it is to generate these.  So maybe you want all the other metadata not stored there but do want these.

dcook

I don't know, it does not say anywhere where the files are saved.

Can you not tell me?  Didn't you guys create this plugin?

With that option unchecked, where is the .bif file saved?

dcook

@@Luke  so you are confirming that if I have Metadata folder set on my server:

58d16a2070b3e_Capture5555.jpg

This Plugin is supposed to store the images there?

Because that is not the behavior I am seeing.

In the server's internal metadata folder.

• 1 month later...
mbguy

This is the standard Roku behavior (skipping forward and pausing video, requires pressing play again to continue video).  In fact, our app isn't controlling this at all. It is just the Roku video player and that's how it works - although, they have changed it slightly in recent firmware updates so they may change it again.

IMO it would not be wise for us to modify this behavior in only our app as people who are used to using the standard Roku interface would probably be confused.

This Roku behavior continues to bug me. Sadly Emby is crippled because of it. What is the rationale for Roku to design this type of seeking behavior, ie. pausing video after pressing skip forward.

No media players I've owned/used before has this kind of skip forward design, eg. blu ray player, AppleTV, windows media player, Kodi etc so I wonder if there's a way to circumvent this stubborn and irregular skip forward design of Roku. I'm surprised they are able to get away with this for this long.

Edited by mbguy