Control One Client from Another

Netbug
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I couldn't find anything directly related with a search.

I've got an HTPC set up with MB Server and MBC (I hope to replace MBC with MBT when it is fully fleshed out). I've just purchased a Windows 8 tablet (the deal was too good to pass up).

What I would like to know is, is there a way that I can control the HTPC MBC session from the tablet? Basically use it as a remote.

If I use a remote desktop application, it usually crashes out of the MBC program. Not to mention that all that graphical information getting sent across the network is pretty slow.

Ideally, I would like to be able to swipe around on the tablet and have it play on the HTPC. Is this feature planned? Present now and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks.

aspdend

I don't mean to be picky, but is there any reason that in the examples above, all the remote icons are different? We have a remote control image, a hand with remote adjacent and a play/wi-fi symbol combined...Is there any reason they can't be combined so that all appear the same for continuity across the platforms?

I don't mean to be picky, but is there any reason that in the examples above, all the remote icons are different? We have a remote control image, a hand with remote adjacent and a play/wi-fi symbol combined...Is there any reason they can't be combined so that all appear the same for continuity across the platforms?

That is a good suggestion. We should probably change the hand to the remote play thing that Red has.

Note, though, that there are two distinctly different functions here - there is "Play To" (the hand and the remote play icon) and then there is "mimic a remote control" meaning pause, ff, etc. which is the remote icon.

aspdend

That is a good suggestion. We should probably change the hand to the remote play thing that Red has.

Note, though, that there are two distinctly different functions here - there is "Play To" (the hand and the remote play icon) and then there is "mimic a remote control" meaning pause, ff, etc. which is the remote icon.

I agree, The symbol Redshirt used is good for the play to function

Redshirt

Tikuf has done so many little icons for me that I can't find the psd for this one. Tikuf will have to post it when he sees this.