DVBLink plugin recordings grouping

raven-au

raven-au

Hi all,

Looking at the Emby Live TV functionality I see that the grouping of series recordings of the server aren't possible.

Is this a limitation of the Emby Live TV implementation or something that hasn't been implemented (yet) within the plugin?

Having lots of short recordings of Kids TV shows (anywhere between 200 and 600) makes it difficult to manage without this feature.

Ian

• 1 month later...
raven-au

I will see for dvblink plugin if it's possible but for Emby I don't know

The dvblink API must support it because dvblink clients and the Kodi PVR plugin are able to get series recordings in groups.

As far as Emby goes it already displays groups, in my case Kids and other.

Those two groups of recordings are also displayed in the dvblink web ui along with the series recording groups and another two, name and date.

Couldn't the series recording groups pretend to be additional groups like Kids and other?

• 3 weeks later...
emacholden

I asked a similar question a few days ago in the DVBLink thread, but it seems as though perhaps we are the only ones with this issue, as no one else has commented so far.

Unless your a user that only keeps a handful of recorded TV shows, then within a couple of days the recorded tv section just becomes unusable

As you says, most things are grouped under Other, and you just can't find what your looking for  :(

t.andre

The dvblink API must support it because dvblink clients and the Kodi PVR plugin are able to get series recordings in groups.

As far as Emby goes it already displays groups, in my case Kids and other.

Those two groups of recordings are also displayed in the dvblink web ui along with the series recording groups and another two, name and date.

Couldn't the series recording groups pretend to be additional groups like Kids and other?

Hi,

Sorry for the lathe answer but I'm a little busy with my job at this end of the year.

The grouping was implemented a long time ago.

I use the information given by dvblink api to fill the information to emby.

Unfortunately, some details are missing from the api, like series I have to find another way to fill this information. Maybe in linking with the series schedules.

I will try.

For the Kodi plugin the programs are grouped by folder I think and not by category in the version that I have.

Cheers.

emacholden

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it is unfortunate that the series is missing from the api.

At least we now understand why there are no groups 

Thank you :)

t.andre

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it is unfortunate that the series is missing from the api.

At least we now understand why there are no groups 

Thank you :)

I have updated the plugin. its possible to test it ?

raven-au

Sorry for the lathe answer but I'm a little busy with my job at this end of the year.

The grouping was implemented a long time ago.

I use the information given by dvblink api to fill the information to emby.

Unfortunately, some details are missing from the api, like series I have to find another way to fill this information. Maybe in linking with the series schedules.

I will try.

For the Kodi plugin the programs are grouped by folder I think and not by category in the version that I have.

Yes, that could be a way to go.

I don't follow what you mean by "folder". In DVBLink my recordings aren't stored into folders so I don't understand how Kodi could get them as folders, perhaps you mean it puts recording entries into folders internally to group them. Not sure that's the best and probably not the most flexible way to go though.

There's likely to be some difficulties with this too.

I've noticed recently there seems to be a string match type series recording type too.

In the past DVBlink series recording was not an exact match and you could get multiple titles matching a series recording rule so you might need to emulate that bug behaviour. But then there's this new(ish) match series recording rule and I wonder if the plain series recording rules are now exact matches to the show name.

The other problem is that if a series recording rule has been removed the existing recordings probably should still be shown grouped.

I think that when a series recording schedule entry is removed the recordings records remain in the recordings database table so the information is still in DVBLink. I think the recordings table information is only removed when all the recordings of the series have been removed. So the series recoding schedule ID should be available.

If you could get the series recording schedule ID included in each recording record perhaps you could use that to retrieve the group.

Or perhaps it would be easiest to grab all the recording (as you probably already do) and group them based on the series schedules or perhaps recording schedule ID of the recordings if you can get hold of it too. The only problem then would be merging duplicate series and perhaps that could be done as a lazy match on show name for each series to work if series groups need to be merged.

There's also the problem that if someone removes a series recoding schedule and then adds it back the series recording ID changes (DVBLink doesn't even try and work out if you want to use the old series ID) and you end up with two series entries for the same series with the same name, oops!

So, yes, there are a few difficulties even before you consider what you might need to do to get this displayed in Emby.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Hopefully you will find it an enjoyable challenge when you do get some time to spend on it.

Ian

Edited by raven-au

raven-au

I have updated the plugin. its possible to test it ?

How would I know if I have the update, version?