The search results don't show all the contents

inforbaix

inforbaix

Hello, I have found that the search feature does not return all results. I wonder if there is any way to regenerate the database to return to index it. Attached is an example with the film "La espía que me amó". I tried the search with "espia" and "espía" words, an don't show in the results.

Thanks.

post-2773-0-45384600-1442945767_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-86685000-1442945771_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-31045200-1442945777_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-29156000-1442945781_thumb.png

Edited by inforbaix

Run the clean database scheduled task. it will upgrade your scheme to the latest version. It only needs to be done once, and most users don't have to worry about it because sooner or later it will happen automatically.

inforbaix

I run now the clean database task, and the search found the same incorrect results. This tasks automatically run yesterday normally.

Other option?? Need more data???

NOTE: This film was affected by a previous error in which some alone movie titles were changed to a degree in English, then I will fix in an update automatically. If you can not provide guidance or may have something to do.

post-2773-0-37153500-1442946622_thumb.png

Edited by inforbaix

inforbaix

Confirmed, the problem is with the special character. I tried it with another movie and put examples of the results.

Objective: Operación Trueno
Word search: trueno
result: yes

Word search: operaci

result: yes

Word search: operacion

result: no

Word search: operación

result: no

In Spanish, accented words are very common and is a serious problem, because knowing I can do partial matches (like "operaci"), but not in the above example because they have less than 3 characters, and the search engine does not work with so few characters. "La espía que me amó". la, esp, que, me, am

post-2773-0-15873400-1442948537_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-96794700-1442948532_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-08592200-1442948530_thumb.pngpost-2773-0-72428900-1442948527_thumb.png

• Like 1

inforbaix

For complete information, usually at the time of sorting and searching in Spanish, for example in google, the same results are obtained using the word accented and unaccented. An "easy" solution would be to add a movie when they had special accent characters in "order by" field write the title without accents. And the search field of web client internally changed accents by letter without accent. If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...
kapitanrum

In Czech language is the same problem.

Now is for search terms stripped diacritics/accents, but for queried items is not.

For searching should be Case Insensitive and Accent Insensitive

For sorting should be Case Insensitive and Accent Sensitive

For quick searching over long texts it is best to use indexing software like Lucene (https://lucenenet.apache.org/). Then you can index every text for media item.

kapitanrum

I have another idea.

If I have use accented letters for searching, then it would be best solution use accentented term for searching (without stripping). It would then be omitted results without accents or results with accents would be before not accented results :)

(Sorry for my English)

kapitanrum
When I looked into the source code, then I found the commentary, which is mentioned Lucene, but are not used any Lucene libraries.

The code is very similar to Lucene implementation. You've implemented your own indexer? If yes, then before I bow down  :)

Edited by kapitanrum

• 2 weeks later...
miztermike

Instead of creating a new post I thought I'd mention my search problem here.

I accidentally deleted my Star Wars Collection from Emby. I've imported them again, but none of them will show up in the search results.

I've tried running both Clean database and Scan media library tasks.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...