Shortcuts Directly to Library Folders

mediaGuy

I have 7 library locations setup in Emby Server (Movies, TV Shows, MMA, Kids, etc).

I'm trying to find a way to add shortcuts directly to these in Kodi but am not having much luck (Titan skin).  All my Emby videos seem to be already be sorted by Kodi (I see MMA - Movies and MMA - TV Shows for example but there is nothing in them).

In the old Emby add-on I could create a smart playlist and filter based on "Path Contains" but that doesn't seem to work in the new one.

Am I missing something simple?  Is there a different way I can identify the different Emby share locations in a playlist?

Angelblue05

Use tags to filter your smart playlist or create a shortcut that points to the video nodes via video add-ons > emby > emby library sections. You can set your shortcut via skin settings (settings > appearance > skin settings). Find the home menu shortcuts and you should have the option to either point straight to the video nodes or point it to a smart playlist you created using tags and others (exception being path contains).

Edited by Angelblue05

Not sure what tags you mean to filter?  Can you give me an example?

I used to filter by path such as \\server\movies or \\server\kids but that doesn't work with the new add-on

I don't seen to have the video nodes to point to (emby library sections).  My emby library in kodi just shows MMA - Movies, MMA TV-Shows, Kids - Movies, Kids - TV Shows.  I can't actually point to "MMA" or "Kids".

I somewhat figured out the tag option (tagging the library folders in emby's webclient) but I can't seem to get it to work 100%.  My movies folders work but TV Series folders don't seem to work still (the playlist doesn't find any matches).

Would love to find the way to point directly to the library folder nodes.

I just tried Aeon Nox and it gives me the exact same items as Titan when trying to create a submenu.

For something like a library folder "Kids", I get "Kids - TC Shows" and "Kids - Movies" but they are both empty and I have no way to go directly to the library folder.

Angelblue05

You get this because 1. Your content type is set to mixed. 2. Your view style in the webclient user preferences has been disabled for this particular library section. 

OK, this raised a few more questions.

- So I should never use "mixed"?

- I have a Movies folder that is set to content type Movies, but the add-on still shows me "Movies - Movies" and "Movies - TV Shows"

- Can you help me with the view style a little - I have nothing checked under "View Styles" or "My Views"

Edited by mediaGuy

Angelblue05

Mixed support was only added very recently. Very strange that you get content type Movies, split into two. To check for view styles from your emby dashboard: click your user portrait in top right corner > settings > home screen settings > view styles (enriched presentation) and make sure everything is actually checked otherwise it doesn't return the actual content type when we ask the server and therefore is treated as mixed content.

Edited by Angelblue05

Checking the two View Styles buttons didn't make any difference - still get the same items under the emby add-on.

I'm getting content type "Movies" and "TV" split into two (and mixed).

Angelblue05

You need to reset resync your library after checking them (launch emby add-on, reset your local database (full resync). Sorry I should have said. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Mixed content should work correctly in Kodi - I've just tested it and everything got imported fine into Kodi. The only thing is Kodi doesn't allow mixed content like Emby does, so we need to split them into two categories: movies and tvshows. But each type should be correctly detected as long as Emby detects your content properly.

OK that worked (setting everything as movies), they now show up as a single item I can select and tags work, thanks a lot.

One last question/issue, since I've changed all my content type to Movies, I know have all kinds of "not really movies" showing up in the latest movies widget.  Is there a trick I can use to hide that and only show my actual movies in the widget?  Is there another content type I could use for all the miscellaneous stuff that would still allow direct node entry?

My end game is I want to have Movies act as kodi movies, TV and kodi TV shows, and everything else not show up in either, just be able to gun directly to those nodes, almost like using file mode.

Edited by mediaGuy

Mixed content should work correctly in Kodi - I've just tested it and everything got imported fine into Kodi. The only thing is Kodi doesn't allow mixed content like Emby does, so we need to split them into two categories: movies and tvshows. But each type should be correctly detected as long as Emby detects your content properly.

Not following you here.  My original setup had many mixed content folders in emby.  In kodi I would see the "- Movies" and "- TV Shows" but both would be empty.

Angelblue05

Yeah it should work. I'm wondering why they showed up empty for you. This is a brand new things where we append movies tvshows to the emby userview name (due to recent server release). The way it groups content is with tags, so if nothing is tagged Mixed - tvshows for example, because your kodi wasn't reset since, the video nodes would show up empty, like in your situation. If you are willing to try unselecting your view styles so it's as before and resetting your library, and letting me know if the content then shows, I'd appreciate it!! :)

As for the other question, depends on the skin and if you are allowed in skin settings to change the widget path. If you can, then it's just a matter of pointing to the appropriate playlist or video nodes (if you launch the emby add-on > select your user view, inside you'll see the menus, like recently added, etc). Hopefully this sends you in the right direction - which Kodi skin are you using?

Edited by Angelblue05

I just unselected the View Styles - emby creates a checkbox for each library collection that is set as content Movies or TV.  The mixed collections don't have a checkbox under View Styles.

I reset the kodi db again. now with View Styles unselected.  Everything is working as you described - I must of just been working with an old DB when I was seeing nothing.

One thing that doesn't seem to be working is the tags.  Under the emby metadata manager I Tag various collection directories.  If I try to create a kodi playlist and do a "Tags is <tagname>" it doesn't find anything.  Is there a trick to getting this to work?

Using 15.2 RC2 and Titan Beta by the way.

Setting the content type of a subfolder in the emby webclient doesn't appear to work in kodi (it just takes the main library collection content type).  Is this expected?

Yes, but really for mixed or movies/TV.  It'd be great if the subfolder content setting would override what is sent to kodi.  It doesn't seem to work for me in either case.

Angelblue05

@@mediaGuy

I'm not sure I understand. Here is my mixed content structure at the moment, for testing purposes:

5603178500b99_mixed.png

56031793e84f0_mixed2.png

Do you mean you are trying to change, for example, Shows which is currently saying Inherit to something else? If so, seems like your request would be better asked in the server section, rather than here. All we do is ask your server, under the library section, to return type: Movies, to return type: TV Shows. We don't control how the server sees your content and how to manually override what your server consider your content to be. I believe you need to change the content itself, not the subfolder, but again it would be better asked in the server section if that doesn't work.

Don't forget to do a reset resync of your Kodi library to make sure indeed, changing the setting has no effect (since you are modifying your library structure, it is required).

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks, I'll ask in server.  That is what I'm trying to do.  Changing the content from "Inherit" doesn't seem to make a difference on a kodi import.

• Like 1