Watched status and progress not updating properly

tarnalcock

tarnalcock

Hi there.

I am running emby server on my mac. Using kodi as a client (I cannot play files via the emby Web app at all). Episodes get updated as having been watched correctly, however the progress is not being stored. I get no option to resume playback. The file simply resets watch status to "unwatched" (I assume so because the plot gets hidden to prevent spoilers again.) and the episode starts again from the beginning. Where should I begin to diagnose this?

Stats:

Mac mini: OS X 10.7.2

Emby Server version 3.0.5724.4

Kodi version: 15.2RC1 Git:2015-08-28-59716ca

DB Version(in logs and dashboard): 1.1.39

Play method: "direct stream"

Kodi does report its current status and play duration to the dashboard.

The nfo file for that episode in particular does not appear to contain any watched indicator nor progress information. If I watch the file to near completion, then hit stop - kodi treats it as watched however if I then edit the nfo there isn't even a watched status tag in the xml. There are so many logs to go through which I will gladly do of you can tell me what I should be looking for.

tarnalcock

Do you mean to say the playstate is incorrect in Kodi or Emby server?

If in Kodi, can you post your Kodi log? Follow the steps here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

The playstate is shown on the emby dashboard while the episode is being played, but once it has been played, kodi sees it as "watched" until I play the file again, but it does not give me an option to resume playback from where I stopped. And the NFO file does not contain any playback information.

I will check that post and report back later tonight when I get home. 

tarnalcock

I will check that post and report back later tonight when I get home. 

Sorry for the wait on this! Been a busy week! Will upload logs tonight.

tarnalcock

Do you mean to say the playstate is incorrect in Kodi or Emby server?

If in Kodi, can you post your Kodi log? Follow the steps here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Hi AngelBlue, 

I have since upgraded to Kodi 15.2 RC2 and the latest Emby Server and all seems to be working well again. 

You can close this thread.

• Like 1