TV data is not showing up

ape_owl

I apologize if this is a repeat thread, but I searched all the others and didn't seem to find my exact problem and no other solutions worked. So I have TV content (ripped on my computer from DVDs) I named them per the 'help' section of the library ie. D:\TV\Happy Endings\Season 1\Happy Endings S01E01.mkv. When they were recognized through the Emby server, they showed up under latest, but now that they are no longer the latest thing added, they are gone. The TV portion of the server is blank and has no content. When I went to set up the separate files on the server, I also did path substitution, so I would have all my bases covered.  I even removed and readded the content numerous times under both, mixed content and TV. They are even unsearchable in the Emby library. I am lost and any help would be appreciated. 

kcrandall758

I'm also having the same problem.  previously, I was able to see content under TV, but is was named in the format of \\<network share>\TV\<TV Show>\Season 1\episode name S01E01, \\<network share>\TV\<TV Show>\Season 2\episode name S02E01, etc...but my issue was that the seasons were showing up as individual shows, which, once I read the recommended naming convention, made sense.  So I deleted the existing locations, and recreated using \\<network share>\TV\<TV Show>\Show S01E01, \\<network share>\TV\<TV Show>\Show S01E02, \\<network share>\TV\<TV Show>\Show S02E01, etc.  I then removed the existing TV locations from the Media Locations and added the new path.  As soon as I did this, I could no longer see any TV shows in TV; I then created a new share and named using the standard naming convention, but still couldn't see TV shows.  I deleted the TV category and re-added, same result.  I've restarted the server, restarted the PC that the server is hosted on, tried viewing in Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox, the Emby for Android app and my Roku, and still get the same results.  Any insight it greatly appreciated.

I've attached my logs for your convenience.

emby logs.txt

Your first folder format was fine (with season folders).

I suspect that the problem lies in how you are defining the media locations.  In your example, you should only need one media location pointing to: "\\sharename\tv".  The media folder with that location should be of type TV Shows.

ok so e:\tv is the path that I have for library setup @@Luke, but I also have path substitution that is \\sharename\tv as @@ebr stated above. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. I literally set up the tv the exact way I set up the movies (where I have never had a problem) but the tv is just...not there

I have also attached two screenshots to show you my library set up and to show that the tv portion is empty. despite the fact that I have tv shows and seasons listed in the path location that is mapped over.

post-25994-0-76201000-1442872973_thumb.png

post-25994-0-47850500-1442872981_thumb.png

unfortunately the second screenshot isn't all that useful. can we see the contents of e:\tv and perhaps also inside a subfolder? thanks.

kcrandall758

here's screenshots of my folder setup:

also, reason I set up my structure the way I did is because of https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV%20naming:

"For a simple TV folder structure, the recommended folder layout is Series\Season\Episode or Series\Episode."  I opted for the second method.

post-22473-0-39140400-1442884282_thumb.png

post-22473-0-05129800-1442884283_thumb.png

post-22473-0-52147200-1442884284_thumb.png

Edited by kcrandall758

Ok - you don't want to add the Power series itself as your library, but instead add the folder above it, the \TV folder.

• Like 1

kcrandall758

so, I removed the old folder structure as recommended and just added the TV folder; now, I can see the Power folder under the Metadata Manager, but I still see nothing in Emby itself.

post-22473-0-34538400-1442885074_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-74487800-1442885074_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-41548200-1442885162_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

To me it looks like there is no metadata so nothing is going to show up until it is refreshed.  What does the Metadata Manager show?

on the metadata manager it shows all my shows, broken down by seasons and everything. But when I go to the TV section in the library it's empty

yes my library scan has been refreshed a ton of times, I have even force refreshed. I attached the logs above at my first report of an issue

yea sorry about that. So I posted my logs yesterday or the day before and sent screen shots of my e:\tv as requested and sub folders. That second screen shot that didnt show much info, was to show that my tv had no content, is all