Auto-Delete of Missing Recordings

Kent
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I use nzbdrone to move (certain) recordings from EmbyTV to the normal TV shows library, which means the recording are then no longer in the normal EmbyTV recording path.  EmbyTV doesn't currently delete these recordings from the Recorded TV section.  Is it possible to get them deleted on a regular basis?  Currently, I have to manually delete them and when you have daily recordings that can become a pain.

Thanks for considering!

• Solution

in the future the periodic database cleanup operation will handle it, although there will always be a period where they are still showing. that's why it would be best to use the built-in auto-organize which handles it immediately.

• Like 1

Ok, auto-organize is working good.  Under Live TV Settings, i enabled the below + Auto Organize and works perfectly. Nice thing is if i don't have the TV Show already in the metadata manager, it doesn't import, which is perfect for me.  I don't want to import everything, just the shows that match what I already have in the library.

"

Enable Auto-Organize for new recordings
New recordings will be sent to the Auto-Organize feature and imported into your media library."

And the Recorded TV listings are cleaned up after Auto Organize runs, removing the content that was moved over and imported into the TV Shows library.

Thanks!
  • Like 1

@@Luke now I remember why I used nzbdrone to process the files instead of Auto-organize.  Auto-organize doesn't process daily episodes that only have the date in the subject (which is a lot of them, most / all of them?).  For auto-organize, you have to manually set the season and episode for the daily content.  nzbdrone will process the daily episodes, moving them into the series and season folder.  It doesn't add any season or episode to the file name but does move the file over to the season folder based on the date (by year only).  

Any way to enhance auto-organize to better handle daily episodes, and avoid manual intervention?