Emby web folder images not displaying

CrisKolkman

CrisKolkman

Hello all,

Not sure this is the correct forum to post this in but I have a question about the Emby Web.

I have set folder images and they are displaying for me, but when I login as a different user, the images are not being displayed.

Added attachments, first is my view (with images) and second is another account.

What could be the problem?

post-73202-0-76855500-1442492439_thumb.pngpost-73202-0-28297100-1442492447_thumb.png

tarnalcock

I have this same problem! Only one user in my library. I actually just changed the images manually to ones I downloaded and like. But those auto generated ones could be quite pretty too!

*edit* Just realized OP was referring to Genre folders. I am having this issue with My media folders i.e "Movies", "Documentaries", "Series" and "Collections". I did notice some auto generated images while uploading my custom ones, but those never displayed previously..

Edited by tarnalcock
  • Like 1

CrisKolkman

I have this same problem! Only one user in my library. I actually just changed the images manually to ones I downloaded and like. But those auto generated ones could be quite pretty too!

*edit* Just realized OP was referring to Genre folders. I am having this issue with My media folders i.e "Movies", "Documentaries", "Series" and "Collections". I did notice some auto generated images while uploading my custom ones, but those never displayed previously..

No I'm also talking about the My media folders, the folders when you click on "Start".

tarnalcock

No I'm also talking about the My media folders, the folders when you click on "Start".

I am curious.

• Try right clicking on the image, when logged in as that user (the one that is not working).
  • Click Edit then select the Images tab.
  • Click on Browse Images.

Does anything show up there? Compare this to the same action for the account that is working.

CrisKolkman

I am curious.

• Try right clicking on the image, when logged in as that user (the one that is not working).
  • Click Edit then select the Images tab.
  • Click on Browse Images.

Does anything show up there? Compare this to the same action for the account that is working.

Well it is the same as what I see, only strange thing is that the images I uploaded are not showing at all, only image (in Primary) is this:

post-73202-0-26337200-1442498022_thumb.png

All the other image tabs are empty.

tarnalcock

I, too, am running Version 3.0.5724.3 (Windows).

My genre folders are fine. But not the media ones. Although my uploaded images for my media folders work fine (for my one and only user.).

Am I correct in understanding that the media folder images are dynamically generated from fanart/banners or is this just a wild assumption on my part? Either way if I browse on them, I see only my uploaded images and no others, generally.

MrLinford

Just to through it in there, mine seems to be working apart from the 'Collections' folder, and all collections within it. Images are not being generated at all for the collections.

Server Version 3.0.5724.3

post-351-0-70246700-1442499629_thumb.png

post-351-0-22727200-1442499628_thumb.png

Edited by MrLinford

most of the images are user-specific in order to accommodate the dynamic slice images. i realize that is not obvious and it's something I'm working to correct by moving us back towards common images for everyone.

• Like 1

CrisKolkman

most of the images are user-specific in order to accommodate the dynamic slice images. i realize that is not obvious and it's something I'm working to correct by moving us back towards common images for everyone.

That would be very nice, that's something I really want!

What could be the problem why the images I uploaded are not showing up when I browse images?

AdrianW

OK - this is interesting.

When I hover over an item under "My Media" and click edit - it navigates to the Metadata Manager on that particular item's details - here's "Cartoons" for example (with the generated primary image that I've complaining about in another thread):

55fad166deab2_cartoons1.jpg

If I then click on "Cartoons" at the left - I get a completely different detail view, with my original Primary Image:

55fad174505d5_Cartoons2.jpg

So, there must be two copies of each media folder - one referenced by the Metadata Manager and one referenced everywhere else.

-edit-

OK, I get it now - it's the user specific thing Luke was talking about above. Yes, it is very unintuitive. At least I know how to fix my images now, and get EMC looking the way I like it again.

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

One issue with the per-user images is that there's no way to edit the images for a non-admin user except by temporarily making them an admin.

CrisKolkman

One issue with the per-user images is that there's no way to edit the images for a non-admin user except by temporarily making them an admin.

Yes but that would mean you would have to edit it for each and ever user manually, that's just crazy.

You should be able to create a view and force that view for every user.

Edited by CrisKolkman

AdrianW

Yes but that would mean you would have to edit it for each and ever user manually, that's just crazy.

You should be able to create a view and force that view for every user.

Yes, which was the case prior to a couple of days ago. Hopefully, it gets changed back.

Let's hope so because this is annoying

Nothing was changed on you, unless you've been hand-modifying the server xml configuration file and you run dev builds. If either of those are untrue, then nothing has been changed on you. The truth is the images have been user specific for several months now and I am gradually working to make them common for everyone again without disrupting people. So stay tuned.

• Like 1

CrisKolkman

Nothing was changed on you, unless you've been hand-modifying the server xml configuration file and you run dev builds. If either of those are untrue, then nothing has been changed on you. The truth is the images have been user specific for several months now and I am gradually working to make them common for everyone again without disrupting people. So stay tuned.

It's both untrue indeed.

It was a fresh install and I did not modify anything at all.

Hope this will get fixed soon :)

Edited by CrisKolkman

Happy2Play

It's both untrue indeed.

It was a fresh install and I did not modify anything at all.

Hope this will get fixed soon :)

"Fresh" install is the key here.  Since  <EnableUserSpecificUserViews> was not modified for old installs.  But new installs it is set to true.  So Luke's statement is true.

for fresh installs with the dev server they are back to being shared images. having them user-specific has caused too much confusion. 

CrisKolkman

for fresh installs with the dev server they are back to being shared images. having them user-specific has caused too much confusion.

And what does this mean for the existing installs?

tarnalcock

I can confirm that even with a fresh install my images are not generating automatically. Is this now by design? Not sure where we are on this issue.

So what is the current "design" ? I erased all of my images and what was regenerated was dynamic 4n1 poster thumb images for TV and movies , bright static images for channels, games and collections and monochrome icons for the 3 TV folders that I can not collapse.... Not very ascetically pleasing

Edited by Vidman