Recording stopped before end of show

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I saw this issue occur back on the Dev version of the server on a couple of occasions which I posted at that time. Tonight is the first time I have seen it on the latest stable version (Version 3.0.5724.3).

I was recording The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and saw my tuner light start blinking and then go off completely. I am using an HDHR Prime. This occurred at about 12:20pm and I know the show goes until 12:40pm generally.

Interesting enough, earlier tonight I was recording American Ninja Warrior (which is a 3 hour show tonight) and it recorded all the way through with no issues.

I am not sure if it was an HDHR issue or with Emby TV itself. I see a number of errors in the log but not sure if they are related or not (if not, maybe you could review those errors and see what they are all about?).

Here is the log:

server-63577872000.txt

jasonmcroy

I had this issue occur again tonight while recording Jimmy Fallon. After about 20 minutes into recording the show my tuner light on my Prime starts to blink and then goes off. 

I am posting over on the HDHomerun forums as well since I am running the Dev firmware for their DVR setup as well in case it is a firmware issue. I had this issue occur last night as well but I was also recording from Emby and HDHR at the same time so I didn't post here.

I am on server Version 3.0.5724.3.

Here is my log:

server-63578044799.txt

jasonmcroy

Hmmm, I hadn't paid that much attention to notice, but it is around that time, so maybe so. I guess tonight I will have to pay attention to that.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

jasonmcroy

I did some more testing this morning and I am now going to do some more. I scheduled a recording of Blue Bloods at 11:00am. It started fine. I also watched a show live while it was recording to see if I could re-create the issue.

The show stopped recording after 52 minutes (it's an hour long show). I checked the video and it cuts off right at that time.

I am now recording another episode of it along with an episode of Supernatural which both run from 12:00pm to 1:00pm. We'll see if it records all the way through or not.

Here is the latest log in case it is helpful:

server-63578044799.txt

I am leaning more towards an HDHR problem. We have noticed sometimes when you try to open a stream and the tuner is unavailable it can abruptly stop existing streams, instead of just throwing an error like it should. But this is not consistent, as sometimes we do correctly get the error we're expecting when a tuner is not available.

jasonmcroy

Ok, thanks for taking a look. I did record two more shows simultaneously from 12:00 to 1:00 and everything went fine. I am going to do some testing later with the HDHR DVR as well.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

I have noticed this behavior with my setup as well.  I had 3 shows set to record on Thursday evening.  All on the same channel and back to back to back.  Grey's Anatomy recorded for 51 minutes, Scandal recorded for 30 minutes and How to get Away with Murder recorded the whole show.  Each show is an hour long.  I checked on the logs and found nothing but the "recording timer being fired"  Perhaps you will find more than i could.  

9.24.15.txt