Any chance of a build compatible with ARM processors on the cards?

peanutismint

peanutismint

Just bought a QNAP TS-231 which has an ARM processor in it, but so far the only builds of Emby I can find are for Intel CPUs :-(

Any ideas if there's any way to get it running on my ARM processor? Or whether anyone's working on an ARM build??

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a QNAP TS-231 which has an ARM processor in it, but so far the only builds of Emby I can find are for Intel CPUs :-(

Any ideas if there's any way to get it running on my ARM processor? Or whether anyone's working on an ARM build??

+1.  Lots of ARM processors in NAS devices or RPi NAS systems

• Like 1

Qoolbox

Hey Qnaper... i am working on it actually

stay tuned... need some compilation effort for Imagik...

after i could propose a version for test

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
guitarzan

+1 on that. I would love to get my Emby server off my Windows box and onto my QNAP HS-210. I'd be happy to help beta test. I am a network engineer for big telecom company.Emby is the best media server out there. I have tried them all. Thanks for all your hard work on an awesome product.

bennymac

I have a couple Qnap's based on the Intel atom's and can assist in testing when/if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
breezytm

I have a couple Qnap's based on the Intel atom's and can assist in testing when/if needed.

The intel version is already out and has been for quite a while now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yea it might not but that's a decision that you make when deciding which Qnap to buy and/or what kind of media to try and store on it.

• Like 1

Gaitkeeper

Yeah, I have a TS-431 and I run my server off an Alienware Alpha. I was hoping to move the Emby server to the Qnap just so I wouldn't have to run the PC 24-7, but the cheapest intel Qnaps are like $700. I can't justify the cost since that computer draws so little energy.

breezytm

I hear you. @@Luke time also makes a difference. When I brought my QNAP, it was top notch and now, not so much :( . @@Gaitkeeper I am running mine on an intel NUC which is attached to my tv as my HTPC. At least the NUC doesn't consumed that much power. I've been waiting for the QNAP build so I can move away from the NUC and get the NVidia Shield which consumed even less power.  

I noticed a lot of people make that mistake. "I don't want to pay cable companies for a set-top-box. I will use an XBOX instead"...That's like moving around your expense lol. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

+1 on that. I would love to get my Emby server off my Windows box and onto my QNAP HS-210. I'd be happy to help beta test. I am a network engineer for big telecom company.Emby is the best media server out there. I have tried them all. Thanks for all your hard work on an awesome product.

have you found the proper apkg for HS-210? would you please send a copy for me? my email is exper@163.com. Thanks!