When I try select a Media Folder the server return to Login area

machado

Hi for all,
I has installed the last version 3.0.724.4 in debian 8 (jessie) and it's run ok, but when I try select a folder on Media Library, the server return do the login area. My movies and musics folders are on a 2 HDs NTFs, that are shared with Samba and its can be seen by others computers in my network even by windows pcs, these HDs are being mounted at the start of debian linux.

here is my log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzyZ-EILUcpyTUxtaVB2WjhlRUE/view?usp=sharing

The bounce to login has been fixed for the next release, it will be replaced with a friendly error message that relays the true problem

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Access to the path "/media/debian" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

In order to fix that, you'll need to ensure the server has access to that location.

adrianthomson

The bounce to login has been fixed for the next release, it will be replaced with a friendly error message that relays the true problem

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Access to the path "/media/debian" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

In order to fix that, you'll need to ensure the server has access to that location.

Are there any tutorials around to fix that?

I am having similar issues, and from comments in the threads it is related to the permissions, but I don't see anything anywhere about how to sort it out.

Hi All,

I have the similar issue but not with USB drives. I have 2 internal NTFS drives, and Debian Jessie running from a ext4 patition.

Unable to find a way to fix it. Is it the emby user that needs access or the user that you log into emby with?

My user account has root privileges. Even tried adding the emby user to sudoers. Rebooted and no change.

Help please

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I have the similar issue but not with USB drives. I have 2 internal NTFS drives, and Debian Jessie running from a ext4 patition.

Unable to find a way to fix it. Is it the emby user that needs access or the user that you log into emby with?

My user account has root privileges. Even tried adding the emby user to sudoers. Rebooted and no change.

Help please

Thanks in advance

check your server log to find the same error:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

thefirstofthe300

The server runs under the user emby if you have installed from the provided packages.  You will need to provide the emby user with at least read and execute access to folders and read access to files in your media folders.  You can do it by either changing ownership or adding the emby user to the group that owns the library if the group has sufficient permissions to access it.

I think this article does a fairly good job of explaining permissions: https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/309527-understanding-linux-file-permissions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Help please

Thanks in advance

You need to check your mount options since NTFS permissions are not compatible with Unix permissions. You have many ways to fix this ranging from changing your mount options (check the "permissions" flag) to migrating your disks to a Linux native filesystem like ext4 or XFS.

As a general rule using NTFS drives in Linux is not a great idea unless is just for reading (supported in kernel) otherwise you need to use FUSE and that will have a performance impact.

Is not your user that needs access but "emby" user that is the user that Emby runs on.

Adding Emby to sudoers will not achieve anything in this case. It's a file access problem (file system level).