Audio, but No video

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

I am having an issue with Emby Theater displaying no video (black screen) but the audio is playing in the background on certain videos. Does it on both stable and beta version.

It does this both when I try to playback my TV recordings that were made by Emby Server...also when I try to play many Live TV channels.

I recorded a tv show  (Ice Road Truckers) on History channel last night....when I try to play video back through Theater, I get audio but no video. I also tune to that channel through Channels using Theatre and same thing, audio no video.

I have tried all the video render settings. No effect. Recording will stream just fine when I access my web interface and stream it through web browser.

It only seems affect certain channels or streams....as I also recorded a show on Discovery Family (MLP.FiM) and that plays back flawlessly in Theater.

Any ideas?

• 5 months later...
Jdiesel

Do you have refresh rate switching enabled? If so, does the issue still exist with it disabled?

TonyAdamson

I did have it enabled yes. Tried with it disabled but still having the issue...

Having this problem too, but only when using MadVR. EVR+ seems to work ok, but doesn't have the post-processing features.

MPC-HC+LAV+MadVR on the same system works perfectly.

TonyAdamson

I was using MadVR without issue up until today. I just went into settings, disabled MadVR in favour of EVR+ and video is back. obviously I'm happy I can use Emby Theater again but confused as to why it just stopped working.

TonyAdamson

Is there a problem with MadVR all of a sudden because there seems to be a few instances of this issue.

Jdiesel

Having this problem too, but only when using MadVR. EVR+ seems to work ok, but doesn't have the post-processing features.

MPC-HC+LAV+MadVR on the same system works perfectly.

I was using MadVR without issue up until today. I just went into settings, disabled MadVR in favour of EVR+ and video is back. obviously I'm happy I can use Emby Theater again but confused as to why it just stopped working.

This is the same issue I was having. I'm betting that you have refresh rate switching enabled in madVR, try disabling it there as well as in ET. If that works try enabling refresh rate switching in just ET.

Also it is worth posting your issue in and liking this thread to help compile this issue into a single location to aid the developers.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30541-bugrefresh-rate-switching-madvr/

Edited by Jdiesel

TonyAdamson

This is the same issue I was having. I'm betting that you have refresh rate switching enabled in madVR, try disabling it there as well as in ET. If that works try enabling refresh rate switching in just ET.

Also it is worth posting in and liking this thread to help compile this issue into a single location.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30541-bugrefresh-rate-switching-madvr/

I did have it enabled in madVR as well as in ET. But like I said, it was working without issue then all of a sudden it stopped working.

Jdiesel

I did have it enabled in madVR as well as in ET. But like I said, it was working without issue then all of a sudden it stopped working.

It could be related to filter updates or other changes. It is best to post in the other thread with details like when it stopped working so the developers can determine what changes caused the issue. To be fair what solved the issue for me was upgrading to Windows 10 but ideally finding the root cause is the desired solution.

brad_w

I posted something on this a few weeks back but still haven't figured out how to fix.

Have a look at your madVR folder in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\madVR.  If you have something like 10 files in there, the latest update of ET has wiped half your madVR folder, causing this issue.  temporary fix - delete your comobjects folder, and the next time you load up ET it'll rebuild the entire folder and it's contents - including madvr.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
AekaGSR

I posted something on this a few weeks back but still haven't figured out how to fix.

Have a look at your madVR folder in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\madVR.  If you have something like 10 files in there, the latest update of ET has wiped half your madVR folder, causing this issue.  temporary fix - delete your comobjects folder, and the next time you load up ET it'll rebuild the entire folder and it's contents - including madvr.

Was having issues myself and this fixed it, thanks.