Dlna is causing Emby Server to crash

CrownSeven

CrownSeven

During the last week,  when attempting to watch a video that is stored on my home server using the Emby app for roku, there are times when it causes the Emby Server installed on my WMC machine to crash.  The version of Emby Server I am running is Version 3.0.5724.3.

Checking the window event logs, looks like there is an error that is occurring with the code relating to Sockets, here is what I see in the event log through windows event viewer on the WMC machine (let me know if I can provide any other info):

Application: MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
   at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods+OSSOCK.recv(IntPtr, Byte*, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, System.Net.Sockets.SocketError ByRef)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
   at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(System.Net.HttpWebRequest, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.ProcessWriteCallDone(System.Net.ConnectionReturnResult)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckDeferredCallDone(System.Net.ConnectStream)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetResponse(System.AsyncCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[[system.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].FromAsyncImpl(System.Func`3<System.AsyncCallback,System.Object,System.IAsyncResult>, System.Func`2<System.IAsyncResult,System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.IAsyncResult>, System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCreationOptions)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.GetResponseAsync(System.Net.WebRequest, System.TimeSpan)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[[MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e, MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5724.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions, System.String)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[[MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager+<SendAsync>d__7, MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5724.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<SendAsync>d__7 ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsync(MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions, System.String)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.Post(MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.PostSoapDataAsync(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient+<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[[MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient+<SendCommandAsync>d__0, MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5724.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<SendCommandAsync>d__0 ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.SendCommandAsync(System.String, MediaBrowser.Dlna.Common.DeviceService, System.String, System.String, Boolean, System.String)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device+<GetTransportInfo>d__84.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[[MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device+<GetTransportInfo>d__84, MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5724.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<GetTransportInfo>d__84 ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.GetTransportInfo()
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device+<TimerCallback>d__51.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[[MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device+<TimerCallback>d__51, MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5724.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<TimerCallback>d__51 ByRef)
   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.TimerCallback(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireQueuedTimerCompletion(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

CrownSeven

Thanks.  I'm going to try installing Emby Server on a more robust pc of mine to see if it helps.  After posting saw that some other folks were having similar issues, and read it could be related to the machine Emby Server is running on. So stand by, if I see it happen on the new machine, I'll post back.

there is no similar issue to this in the forum. i think it is your perception that it is similar but the above has never been reported before