Can't add media location

sonofdad
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

So I've installed Emby on my DS414 and accessed it through browser and linked my existing Emby account. My first step for setup was to create a music media folder however I can't add the NAS folder share to Media Locations, I select '/volume1' and then see my shares but when I click 'music' I'm logged out of Emby I log back in but the share hasn't been added to Media Location. I've tried by IP address but no shares are displayed. Do I need to changes permissions on each shared folder of the NAS to access them through Emby?

emby1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem.

I think it was my TV Shows folder. When I tried to set up the media location on the dashboard, it just bombed me back to the login screen.

My permissions were the same as all other folders and they worked okay.

I ended up moving all my media so that they became subfolders of the Synology default "video" folder.

Now I have another issue with one of my folders not scanning, but at least they are all there.

I found that the folder share needed to include read/write for the users group if anyone else has the issue

Well certainly read, but if we're accidentally querying something using the write flag, your log would be useful so that we can remove it and prevent that from happening.

fodbrothers

I have the same issue I try to either manualy add the directory of the movies/tv and have tried going to it but keep getting booted to the login screen

• 4 weeks later...
olli4711

+1

here is the log:

2015-10-24 20:52:10.5986 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5724.5
	Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
	Mono: 4.0.4 (Stable 4.0.4.1/5ab4c0d Sun Oct 11 12:21:26 CEST 2015)
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	Access to the path "/volume1/Media" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException
	at System.IO.Directory/<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0039b>
	at System.IO.DirectoryInfo/<CreateEnumerateDirectoriesIterator>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0026b>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1<System.IO.FileSystemInfo>.MoveNext () <0x001ed>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1<System.IO.FileSystemInfo>.MoveNext () <0x0020f>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2<System.IO.FileSystemInfo, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>.MoveNext () <0x00207>
	at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>) <0x0026a>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>) <0x00057>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries (MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x0027f>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.Get (MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x001c3>
	at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x0041c>

+1

here is the log:

2015-10-24 20:52:10.5986 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5724.5
	Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
	Mono: 4.0.4 (Stable 4.0.4.1/5ab4c0d Sun Oct 11 12:21:26 CEST 2015)
	Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
	at System.IO.Directory/<EnumerateKind>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0039b>
	at System.IO.DirectoryInfo/<CreateEnumerateDirectoriesIterator>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x0026b>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1<System.IO.FileSystemInfo>.MoveNext () <0x001ed>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1<System.IO.FileSystemInfo>.MoveNext () <0x0020f>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable/<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2<System.IO.FileSystemInfo, MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>.MoveNext () <0x00207>
	at System.Collections.Generic.List`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>) <0x0026a>
	at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Model.IO.FileSystemEntryInfo>) <0x00057>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.GetFileSystemEntries (MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x0027f>
	at MediaBrowser.Api.EnvironmentService.Get (MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x001c3>
	at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
	at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.GetDirectoryContents) <0x0041c>

The account the server is running unable to access this location.

• 2 years later...

For me, if you go Control Panel - Users - then when Emby package is installed a user called "embysvr" or something similar is created. You may have to edit the settings for that Emby user and give it read/write access to your media folders that you want to have in Emby, 

• Solution
solabc16

For me, if you go Control Panel - Users - then when Emby package is installed a user called "embysvr" or something similar is created. You may have to edit the settings for that Emby user and give it read/write access to your media folders that you want to have in Emby, 

That's correct, but for the latest instructions please always refer to this guide on the Wiki:  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Setting-Up-Your-Media-Library-Share

The guide is referenced under the 'next steps' section of the initial setup instructions under the Synology section here: https://emby.media/nas-server.html

This original posts dates back to before there was a supported package for Emby Server on Synology/XPEnology.

Best

- James