Do i have to pay to use AndroidTv app?

Tomast

Hi everyone!, when i saw here the new app for androidTv i was really happy about it, and after some time i have saved some money to buy the NexusPlayer, the shipping to my country (cause here you cant buy it :(   ) and the taxes for buying things outside my country (60% of the price of the product + shipping :wacko:, (and its really hard that in customs they accept giving your package to you and not sending it back)

But finally after all that effort i got my Nexus Player!! It was finally mine and i dont need to keep saving that money from my salary! I was really happy about it". The first thing i do when i got it in my hands was downloading the Emby App and try to see a movie, i was really exited about it but suddenly a shiver run down my spine. I got a message sayin i cant transcode the movie, and that if i want to see it i have to unlock the app. 

I cant believe what i was seing, why i have never seen that before?, where does it said that some of the app are of paid?

Sad about the news, i start thinking and making some calculation about how much does it cost to unlock the app and how much time do i need to save money again :( , and for my surprise i cant find the price of the app  :wacko: and it seems that the only way of paying is with credit card, (again i have a tax of 60%, that means that i need more saving)

So, after all these i cant see how much does the app cost, i am a bit sad cause all my savings where misspent in that nexus player that does not do anything  :(, ( cause i cant buy the movies google offerd cause they are in dollars and to pay with credit card  :angry: )

I saw that if you are a supporter you can have the app free (is that true? or did i misunderstood that?) by the way, i saw the prices and they are out of my bugget (I cant afford to pay monthly in dollars as my salary is in another currency that everyday is cheaper). So I thought that the lifetime supporter was the best choice, cause i can save some money and make a one time effort (again) to save the money to make the donation  :)

But the problem is that its too expensive! i mean the nexus player was cheaper!  :(  :(

Concluding, i want to know some things so i can make the best decision,

1)The Nexus Player app is not free, right?

2)How much does it cost to unlock the app not being supporter?

3)Taking in consideration my money and currency problem, do you think its better to be supporter or to unlock the app only?

ps: I dont mean to be rude or anything, please take in consideration my limitation with the english lenguage, this is the best way i have to express my concern 

Edited by Tomast

The app is free for supporters or you can unlock it for $4.89 USD.

However, it has a trial period for two weeks so you can try it out.

The description in the store does state this.

The app is free for supporters or you can unlock it for $4.89 USD.

However, it has a trial period for two weeks so you can try it out.

The description in the store does state this.

My trial seems like it does not work, but its ok, can I  pay with a google play gift card?

My trial seems like it does not work, but its ok, can I  pay with a google play gift card?

The unlock app process is handled through the Google store so, if it will accept that as payment (which I would imagine it should), then yes.

• Like 1