Feature Request Auto refresh rate switching

Ghostm

I just want to say firstly that you can really see the potential while using MBT more and more in the coming months this should be really great playback software.

I would like to see while its not on the road map and is a bit of a concern is internal refresh rate switching built in to mbt, its a must have in my opinion to auto switch refresh rates when playing different frame rate media. I am using madvr to see how it works when it does the refresh rate switching but when playbacks stopped it wont switch back to 60hz or your desktops refresh rate, and i notice thats how madvr behaves in mpc-hc as well, it only switches back to your desktop refresh rate when you completely exit out or close mpc-hc or mb3 which is not a solution. So if i play 24hz blu ray rip, and hit stop it should revert back to 60hz to make scrolling and operating mb3 smooth, but it wont do it, it only switches back to 60hz when you completely close mb3, so i really hope some internal refresh rate switching is included, its very important when using mbt or any playback software.... xbmc and jriver can currently do this so i hope its being looked at. 

• Like 1

steelman1991

Makes sure madVR is set-up correctly.

Under 'display modes', make sure you have both 'restore orginial display mode' and '.....when media player leaves fullscreen' checked. Sounds like you have the option '.....when media player is closed' chosen.

Could be, I will double check that and report back.

I still think it would be useful for those who dont use madvr though, i think their will be alot of people who are not going to use it who would still like this option.

It did work but it will be interesting to see how exclusive mode works when this occurs, I wish madvr had an option for "when playback is stopped" like xbmc, and not when full screen is exited. 

I would still prefer an internal simpler refresh rate switching like xbmc especially if people dont want to use madvr.

Edited by Ghostm

steelman1991

That;s what the option I gave should do - close on 'stop' - 'leave full screen' they are one in the same action. AFAIK