A Few Quick Queries

jamvids
Go to solution Solved by hoxtonia,

Hi,

Just playing with the latest update.Everything is looking good. I thought I would try the sync function out properly. Is it working to external SD properly? I have cued up a few vids and a bit  of music, it has converted okay and is ready to transfer. I ran the sync process from schedule tasks and it runs for 0 seconds. I have run it before but to the default directory (on another device) with success.

Also, 1 step from my personal emby perfection, where in the pecking order of things to come would a sync favorite songs and shuffle favorite songs function be? :)  :)  :)  :)  

yeah, it's open. I thought I read somewhere that it had to have a particular path name to avoid permissions. I noticed you can't create a folder through the app.

I noticed you can't create a folder through the app.

That's a good point.

I'm sure it was there in a previous version ?!?!

I wonder where it writes it to  :unsure:

The option is there, but is says could not create folder. I have created a folder using es, and used that directory but nothing in there as yet. I created a sync job to my other device and that has worked okay.

Oh, the other device is an old Sony Xperia Z with no external storage added, that has worked okay. The device with external storage is a Z2 if that is any help. Anything else needed just let us know

the app does not have to be open to sync.

also, the directory picker can only create folders in locations the app is allowed to write to. this will vary per device.

It can wait, Well off to Amsterdam I go. Does anyone want anything bringing back????? :D

Blonde, 5'4", 120ish lbs... ;)

• Like 3

@@ebr, you mean sven or anne?

@@jamvids, maybe finger a dike when you are there just to say you have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
jamvids

Okay, so it looks like frustration aplenty here then, maybe it's a Sony thing, have people had any luck using sync to SD using other devices? I may just go and buy a cheap micro SD for my galaxy tab and play around with that.

• Solution
hoxtonia

I am having no problems syncing to the sd card of my note 4 - it will allow syncing to only certain folders though - I created a folder within com.mb.android using the path below and all works perfectly

/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.mb.android/Emby Sync

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jamvids

I am having no problems syncing to the sd card of my note 4 - it will allow syncing to only certain folders though - I created a folder within com.mb.android using the path below and all works perfectly

/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.mb.android/Emby Sync

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had a look in there earlier, was looking for emby though, cheers.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue on my Lenovo tab2. I can't create a folder in the root of SD with Emby but I can with ES file explorer. Why would the app not have permission to write to SD? Also maybe on the first sync it would be good to prompt where to save it, save me sat there waiting like a dumbass for it do something...

Will have a go in the folder mentioned above.

I'm having the same issue on my Lenovo tab2. I can't create a folder in the root of SD with Emby but I can with ES file explorer. Why would the app not have permission to write to SD? Also maybe on the first sync it would be good to prompt where to save it, save me sat there waiting like a dumbass for it do something...

Will have a go in the folder mentioned above.

We don't make the rules, just have to pay by them :)

OK, I still don't understand your app doesn't have the correct permissions when other apps do? Also, there is no progress meter nor a notification to say its completed/failed. Seems it's written ok to com.MB.android directory but stopped at 4gb, the fat32 limit. I've got the profile set to high but still surely a 4gb limit would be in place for android!

I can see you guys need to work on sync a bit more. Great feature but its def not user friendly at the moment.

Edit: So I now see the green bars on the icons are progress bars. Although I'm not sure they move when transferring? A notification would be nice too though. Also noticed if the download gets stuck because of size changing profile to a lower one won't force the server to transcode again, it just keeps trying to transfer the originally selected profile transcode.

Edited by Morphy