People images not showing

catch42

Steven

I have cleared out all the folders from the root of ImagesByName and ImagesByName/People and doing a rescan.

In the people folder I have actor names but also A/B/C, etc with actors in there. 

Which is correct?

Really have no idea how this has ended up in such a mess!  :o 

Edited by Steven

The A/B/C sub-folders is the correct structure.

We moved to that to avoid some file system's limits on the number of items in any one directory.

rickster53

The A/B/C sub-folders is the correct structure.

We moved to that to avoid some file system's limits on the number of items in any one directory.

That was an easy one, ebr! LOL  Now, can you get to the root of my issues?

rickster53

Some additional info on the issues that might be helpful...  I have a folder of TV Shows and unlike the Movie folder when I open a TV Show in the web client, all the missing actor images are immediately populated, as they should be.  When I noticed that 1 or two didn't get populated I was able to use EDIT Image and find one including those from theMoviedb and they could be individually selected and downloaded.  So automatic downloads of actor images from TheTVdb seem to work just fine, but nothing comes down in an automatic fashion from theMovieDB either from Scheduled People task or as a result of opening a movie that has missing actor images.  Hoping this isolates the issue enough so it can be fixed.

Same for me.

All the TV shows people are populated. And those people who have their pictures are the only one that are displayed correctly in the movies (people such as Glenn Close or Michelle Rodriguez).

Migmac04

I'm facing the same issue. Movies actors images are not displaying. When I refresh actor, one by one it updates the image and save the picture file into the folder. Refresh people scan task has no success. TV actor images are ok.

Happy2Play

From the dev release getting "The remote server returned an error: (429)", so Emby is still requesting information from TMDB to fast, then we get "due to a previous timeout."  Best guess TMDB blocks future requests for a lockout period.

But manually connecting to the same link listed in log opens fine.

Edited by Happy2Play

Steven

So after sorting my mess what I find is that actor images are being displayed that I have already stored but I have to do a manual refresh to grab images for the remaining ones as they are not pulled when doing the refresh people scheduled task - that just gives a lot of time outs.

rickster53

Posted question at TMDB forum also.  But I have a feeling we just need to throttle Emby back more.

https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/568f1e2e925141188f00076f

If it was just a throttling issue, wouldn't you expect that at least the first request gets thru?  Or, are you saying that the second request goes out before the first one finishes and that aborts the first request and so on down the line for the balance of all the errors that we see?  Maybe, but then how do you explain that when I use Emby Theater and manually open any movie, it fills in all the missing actors in a blink of the eye?  Why don't those requests timeout?  Seems like a check of the code between these two clients and what the server does with the scheduled People Task should turn up something...

Remember, users that have had their libraries in tact for a while may have had their People library populated before this issue arose, so they are not experiencing the issue with as great a visible impact as someone who is trying to establish a new installation and is starting from scratch with no People..

rickster53

Happy to report that Beta version 3.0.5805 has fixed the problem of People images not downloading.  Just run the Refresh People task and they download fine.  I have skimmed the log and still see a few timeout errors but they are sparse in comparison to what's getting downloaded now.  Thanks!

I attached the log but had to cut out a good portion of the beginning in order to be able to attach the file...

server-63587948185-extract.txt

Happy2Play

Yep, 3.0.5805 appears to have fixed the issue. 

Only issue I see now is actors with a period at the end of there name i.e (Jr.) will not save images, but Emby knows who they are.  Looking in the Metadata Manager looks like path is the issue since it is showing a period but folder doesn't contain one.

example

5691a9dd258d2_metadata2.jpg

5691a95d86d05_folder.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Rickster53,

This might seems like a stupid question but how do you make a "Refresh People"  I can "Refresh" one "People" at a time, but is there a "Refresh all People" function???

I would really like to solve this issue...

Thank you,

Zoula

Happy2Play

Rickster53,

This might seems like a stupid question but how do you make a "Refresh People"  I can "Refresh" one "People" at a time, but is there a "Refresh all People" function???

I would really like to solve this issue...

Thank you,

Zoula

The library scan scans your metadata of people/actors then the Refresh People task attempts to get those people/actors.  There is no Refresh All People function, minus deleting your people folder.

Edited by Happy2Play

The library scan scans your metadata of people/actors then the Refresh People task attempts to get those people/actors.  There is no Refresh All People function, minus deleting your people folder.

Thank you,

I already tried this a few times....  with no success.  I think that my library is mess up,  could you tell me which file I should delete in my database.  I have around 400 movies and a few series.  I don't want to make a full reset of the database, just the "People" related entries.  I had to edit lots of the movies that I have and I don't want to go to that process again.

zoula

rickster53

Thank you,

I already tried this a few times....  with no success.  I think that my library is mess up,  could you tell me which file I should delete in my database.  I have around 400 movies and a few series.  I don't want to make a full reset of the database, just the "People" related entries.  I had to edit lots of the movies that I have and I don't want to go to that process again.

zoula

First make sure you install Emby Beta Version 3.0.5805.  I believe your log says you are running 3.0.5785.0.  Then make sure you run the Scheduled Task called "Refresh People"

• Like 1

Well,

I updated to 3.0.5785.0, the task ran for 7 hours  :huh:  and still no pictures.

I thought it would work because before this update, the "refresh people" task took only few seconds.

Any idea?

Happy2Play

Well,

I updated to 3.0.5785.0, the task ran for 7 hours  :huh:  and still no pictures.

I thought it would work because before this update, the "refresh people" task took only few seconds.

Any idea?

There is another Update to TMDB throttling that went to only beta 3.0.5805.0.  So you will need to run beta or wait for it to become stable.

First make sure you install Emby Beta Version 3.0.5805.  I believe your log says you are running 3.0.5785.0.  Then make sure you run the Scheduled Task called "Refresh People"

Thank you,

I'm now using 3.0.5805 and set a new trigger to "Refresh People" at every start up of the server.   It took around 10 minutes for the update to complete, with no success.  

A thing the I remark is that an "Actor" that is only in one movie or series will show up,  but when an actor is in more than one thing the photo won't be visible??? 

Any idea???

Zoula

server-63588036920.txt

There is another Update to TMDB throttling that went to only beta 3.0.5805.0.  So you will need to run beta or wait for it to become stable.

My bad, i run  3.0.5805.0. indeed

Here is my log.

I cleared the poeople folder before I ran another "refresh people" task.

This still doesn't populate the database with pictures. I stopped the scan after 5min otherwise this will run for 6 hours and the log will be 40MB.

log.txt

Happy2Play

Not sure why the OS would make a difference but this version populated people images on a clean install on Windows.