Cant Stream Locally From Yatse When Using Emby for Kodi

marcelovz

OK the DB reset finished, in Confluence now I can see that the paths for the movie titles are SMB ones rather than plugin ones. 

On the Yatse app I cleared its data and added the Kodi host again. However I am still unable to playback locally on the Android device.

If I add a second Kodi host for the OpenElec / MYSQL PC in to the Yatse app, then using that one I am able to playback locally on the Android device fine. 

Not the result we were expecting then.  :( But others have said this worked in the past. 

Cheers

marcelovz

Hi

I was looking at the Kodi Db structure when using Emby addon, and it's different from the Kodi Db structure when not using Emby addon. I always used the same source library.

Believe me, I tried all possible alternatives, but could not make the Yatse make local stream to my device when Kodi uses Emby for Kodi addon. I'm trying it for 4 days.

This problem could be solved if there was a reformulation of the addon Emby for Kodi, so the Kodi Db's  will be created exactly in the same way, with or without using the Emby addon.

Let's ask to Emby for Kodi developers, because the Yatse is an excellent application and we would like to use it and enjoy all of its features.

Edited by marcelovz

Angelblue05

Can you please share the discrepancies, because we do build the data in the same way Kodi expects it or closest to. If you found anything, then we'll look into it as soon as possible. Thanks :)

marcelovz

Can you please share the discrepancies, because we do build the data in the same way Kodi expects it or closest to. If you found anything, then we'll look into it as soon as possible. Thanks :)

Like you said 'closer to" is the problem.

There is no way to create a Db in Kodi (using Emby addon) exactly the same as when not using the Emby addon?

Thanks

Angelblue05

It is possible for the most part. That's why I'm asking what you found, because we have spent a lot of time analyzing an actual Kodi db and duplicating the result with Emby information.... But if you got nothing then nevermind, we will look into it at some point. It's just not our highest priority at the moment.

Added it to our trello board and we will look at it once the stable version is released: https://trello.com/c/ax2BfdUs/151-yatse-remote-review

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelovz

It is possible for the most part. That's why I'm asking what you found, because we have spent a lot of time analyzing an actual Kodi db and duplicating the result with Emby information.... But if you got nothing then nevermind, we will look into it at some point. It's just not our highest priority at the moment.

Added it to our trello board and we will look at it once the stable version is released: https://trello.com/c/ax2BfdUs/151-yatse-remote-review

If you wait, in a few minutes I will uplad to my dropbox my Kodi Db's using and not using Emby for you see the differences.

In a few minutes i will send you the the links

• Like 1

marcelovz

Here are the links using the same library source:

Kody Db WITH Emby  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vagkh4k7odja4m6/AAA7-xZa3St_AM_Kf3c8ypiZa?dl=0

Kody Db WITHOUT Emby  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0f91urmxv6144i/AADM079IWdfSTDa69895p14Ra?dl=0

It would be interesting also the Emby for Kodi developers also analyze these files.

Thanks

Edited by marcelovz

Angelblue05

You are using plugin paths. Have you tried direct paths? You need to do a reset resync of your library for it to become in effect.

marcelovz

You are using plugin paths. Have you tried direct paths? You need to do a reset resync of your library for it to become in effect.

As I said, I tryied everithing, including direct paths and reset resync

Edited by marcelovz

marcelovz

Alright, well I got your dbs. Will look into it after stable is released as I said. Thanks for your patience. :)

The best way to solve this is : Create a Kody Db (using Emby) in the same way with Kodi DB without Emby.

Thanks

@@marcelovz

You seem a bit vague, can you be more specific about the differences between the databases you have seen?

And if this is the case why have people on other threads in the past stated they had yatse playing locally OK, when using direct SMB paths. Unless something has changed since then and broken it.

marcelovz

@@marcelovz

You seem a bit vague, can you be more specific about the differences between the databases you have seen?

And if this is the case why have people on other threads in the past stated they had yatse playing locally OK, when using direct SMB paths. Unless something has changed since then and broken it.

Hi

I have one question for you:

The stream to local in Yatse it's working for you ?

xnappo

I don't understand why YOU can't look at the db and tell us what is different? AngelBlue05 has plenty to do.. If you tell us, we will fix it.

marcelovz

I don't understand why YOU can't look at the db and tell us what is different? AngelBlue05 has plenty to do.. If you tell us, we will fix it.

Hi

Many things, structure, paths...

In one of my replies above i sended a link with my dbs with and without Emby if you want to analyze.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vagkh4k7odja4m6/AAA7-xZa3St_AM_Kf3c8ypiZa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0f91urmxv6144i/AADM079IWdfSTDa69895p14Ra?dl=0Thanks

Edited by marcelovz

Hi

I have one question for you:

The stream to local in Yatse it's working for you ?

No its not working, I think we established that fact already during my testing in this thread. 

Unless someone else wants to chime in and tell us it is working for them at the moment? I am saying its not currently working! 

xnappo

Yes, I know.  Please instead of sending the DB, list each item that you see as different.

None of the devs use Yatse(so we don't care a whole ton), so if you want this to be fixed this quickly it would help if you would document the differences.  'structure' - what do you mean? 'paths' - should be the same if you have local paths on.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

No its not working, I think we established that fact already during my testing in this thread. 

Unless someone else wants to chime in and tell us it is working for them at the moment? I am saying its not currently working! 

Ok, I tested it myself using Yatse and no matter which setting (direct paths, addon paths, http access, smb access) I use, it does not work. I did a resync of the libs after changing a setting.

One more thing though, no idea if it helps. I am using VLC as the media player for the Yatse streaming and obviously this is the path it tries to open (at least that's what VLC says at the top of the screen):

http://kodi-pc:1234/vfs/smb://Username:Password@KODI-PC/TV-Shows/The 100/Season 1/1x04.mp4

No idea if it is supposed to look like that. The Username and password are correct. But the usage of http and smb in one line looks strange, even for a noob like me. :-)

PS: Sorry, as I am indeed a noob, I don't even know how to post the above link without it turning into a clickable link.

Edited by Crular

xnappo

Correct - HTTP is not going to work in VLC.

Please make sure 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' is off in your settings.

I suspect you have an access/path substitution problem unrelated to Yatse..

Correct - HTTP is not going to work in VLC.

Please make sure 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' is off in your settings.

I suspect you have an access/path substitution problem unrelated to Yatse..

The setting is normally unchecked (and I also tried with the setting checked), i.e. the link I posted can be seen in VLC with the HTTP setting off. I do have some path substitutions set, but also tried after removing them. I think the problem can only be solved by the Yatse author, or by collaborating with him / her.

Just guessing, but probably Yatse always tries to play over HTTP and the Kodi Emby addon tries the SMB way and both are merged together somehow.

Edited by Crular

marcelovz

Yes, I know. Please instead of sending the DB, list each item that you see as different.

None of the devs use Yatse(so we don't care a whole ton), so if you want this to be fixed this quickly it would help if you would document the differences. 'structure' - what do you mean? 'paths' - should be the same if you have local paths on.

Thanks,

xnappo

Well, I go to change my question:

Why Yatse don't work to stream locally using Emby addon for Kodi, even setting Emby for Kodi for use local paths ?

Its not only me that are having this problem.

All people in this topic has the same problem.

Edited by marcelovz

xnappo

I have no idea why Yatse would try to play over HTTP when the path is clearly pointing to SMB.

I can see it getting confused by plugin paths - which is why we suggested turning that off.  But I don't see why it would do that with local paths.  If you see something in the DB you think might be the issue, just edit it and see if it fixes the problem.  Use sqllitebrowser to do that.

xnappo

I can confirm in my tests that the Emby add-on setting 'Play from HTTP instead of SMB' was NOT turned on. 

I also in the Emby server library setup, have added my content folders using the local paths of the file server e.g. D:\ServerFolders\Movies and then in the path substitution setup mapped that to a UNC path like \\whs\movies as I just thought that was the correct way to setup the content folders in the library configuration ?

Reading other threads people say this was working at some point with Direct Paths (SMB) turned on in the Emby add-on settings.

I tried on my Windows 10 laptop which was set to the default to use plug-in paths and then on my Apple iMAC and I reset that one to use direct paths instead, but still no joy. 

Would be nice to have this working, but if none of the devs use Yatse it might be a problem.