Cant Stream Locally From Yatse When Using Emby for Kodi

marcelovz

marcelovz

Hi

I'm using Emby Server (latest), Kodi 15.1 and the latest Emby for Kodi plugin form https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi ,

and in my Android Device I'm using Yatse (latest version).

If I add my library in Kodi using the Emby plugin, all works fime in Kodi, but

when I go to my device in Yatse, I can´t stream locally any media to my device.

I can only use Yatse like a remote control to play my medias in my Kodi.

But if I add my media to Kodi through the normal method  (choosing folder, add to collection, etc),

I can use Yatse to stream my media to my device.

I wonder why this difference, because apparently in my Kodi, my media is shown in the same manner, using Emby for Kodi or not.
Where was the problem?

The problem would be in Yatse or the problem would be in Emby for Kodi?

What can be done  to use Emby for Kodi and use Yatse in my device to make stream locally to my Androide device ?

Thank you for your attention

Edited by marcelovz

marcelovz

Just scroll the tabs :) It's further to the right, pass the extras tab.

I already tried this, but if I press in the blue arrow, the escrenn don't change. For me tehre is no more screens. The extra tab is the last.

Could be any problem in my addon ?

I downloaded the addon today.

Thanks

marcelovz

I already tried this, but if I press in the blue arrow, the escrenn don't change. For me tehre is no more screens. The extra tab is the last.

Could be any problem in my addon ?

I downloaded the addon today.

Thanks

Sorry I found it. In minutes I´will send you the logs.

• Like 1

Hi @@Angelblue05

I can confirm this also, as I also use the Yatse remote control app for Android on my tablet. 

I just connected the Yatse app to my test Windows 10 PC running Kodi Isengard v15,1 with the Emby add-on beta. 

I also have the Yatse streaming app installed on the tablet and when you browse a movie for example and press play, you then get the option to Stream to the local tablet device rather than have it play on the actual Kodi HTPC etc. 

Note I have the MX Player app installed on the tablet as well and Yatse is set to stream using this video player. As I was getting "unexpected error. File cannot be played properly" messages a lot of the time with Yatse's internal video player. See here.

If I try to stream a movie it tries to load the Video but then doesn't play and then says "Can't play this link".

Presumably this is to do with using Plug-in paths vs Direct paths in the Emby add-on ? 

If I instead connect the Yatse app to my OpenElec HTPC / MYSQL instance, then I can stream movies to the local Android tablet perfectly fine. 

Here is an Info log file from the Emby add-on for Kodi where I tried to play "101 Dalmations".

http://xbmclogs.com/phybl0e1v

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Your log doesn't show what it's doing when you tried to play the movie. However, if the plugin doesn't get a chance to resolve the path before being sent to some other device, then as you said, direct paths should resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, here's a debug log file maybe some more details in there? 

I tried to play the movie "16 Blocks" in the Yatse app. 

http://xbmclogs.com/ptrnny64r

So if I or the OP change the Emby add-on to use Direct Paths instead of the default setting of Plug-in paths are there any major side affects to this? 

I have always just used the default setting for this as I wasn't sure about it.  

Cheers

Local music playback doesn't work either when using a Kodi instance connected to Emby. 

In the Yatse app when you pick which Kodi PC you want to control there is also a global option to "Play Locally" this means anything you then select to play automatically defaults to local playback on the actual Android tablet. 

If I connect to Kodi01 (OpenElec/MYSQL) and play an album it just starts playing on the tablet. 

If I connect to Kodi - Laptop (Emby add-on) and play an album it doesn't show an error or anything, you just don't hear anything playing. 

I don't use Yatse a great deal for local playback on mobile devices, but it is a natty feature to have available if wanted. 

@@marcelovz

This is the setting you need to enable for local paths / direct paths. Give it a try and  lets us know, you may need to also do a local DB reset I would think as well. 

55f18e8981f9d_localpaths.png

Angelblue05

Very odd that local music is not working. Because they are not plugin paths, but direct paths...

We'll have to look more into it. We are gearing towards making a stable build at the moment, so this will have to wait until after we release a new stable version of the add-on.

• Like 1

Very odd that local music is not working. Because they are not plugin paths, but direct paths...

We'll have to look more into it. We are gearing towards making a stable build at the moment, so this will have to wait until after we release a new stable version of the add-on.

That's what I was thinking and I did actually expect music playback to work in the Yatse app. 

On my laptop here I enabled that new option you added for us, so I can play music remotely in Kodi if I want to. 

"Direct Stream Music Library" was the enabled option. 

If I look at the Yatse app more closely when starting to play an album there is a small popup at the bottom that says "Starting album: album name" and then a bit later it says "Error starting media"

If I look at the Yatse app more closely when starting to play an album there is a small popup at the bottom that says "Starting album: album name" and then a bit later it says "Error starting media"

Similar outcome when connecting the Yatse app to the Apple iMac that does NOT have this option turned on: "Direct Stream Music Library". Same messages in the Yatse app and no music starts to play. 

I might try the local paths on the Apple iMac and reset its local DB as a test. 

OK on my mac I have turned on the Emby option "use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback" then closed and re-opened Kodi, in Kodi I can still play content OK, so not sure if you are meant to reset the local DB or not when making this change? 

On the Yatse app it still doesn't play anything locally on the Android device, but I am also unsure if I need to do something at the Yatse end to refresh its library / database.

I did try deleting the Kodi host in the Yatse app for the imac and adding it again and it then had to rebuild /sync its library. But didn't seem to make any difference, still no local playback in Yatse. 

As you said we may have to leave this for now until after the next stable release.

Do a lot of Emby / Kodi users also use Yatse? Yatse is certainly the best remote control app for Kodi in my opinion. 

You'll need to do a reset database because the paths need to be replace into direct ones.

Suspected as much but wasn't sure, OK let me try that then now. 

I wonder if how you added your paths in the Emby server library setup can also be a factor? This thread here mentions some users saying they just used SMB paths in the Emby server library setup and some others like myself have used local paths and also setup the path substitution.

Other users in that same thread also confirm that using direct paths in the Emby add-on then allowed them to play back locally in Yatse. 

Where do you set up the path substitution? In Emby or Kodi?

In the Emby server library options

For example D:\ServerFolders\Movies is mapped to \\whs\movies

Edited by cw-kid
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Then it shouldn't matter because the path imported into Kodi will be \\whs\Movies, for example. Have you reset your library and it's still not working?

Then it shouldn't matter because the path imported into Kodi will be \\whs\Movies, for example. Have you reset your library and it's still not working?

Its still syncing as you know mine takes ages and gets stuck on Music Albums as I have such a large music collection. 

EDIT: In fact its only just on TV Shows not even got to the music stage yet. 

Edited by cw-kid