Gray screen with Playon

cmweekes

cmweekes

Playon icon no longer has an image and when I click on it I only get a gray screen. I did try the Cache Key and uninstalling and reinstalling but it did not help. I have attached my log any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

System:

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00GHz

16GB Memory

Windows Serer 2012 

@@snazy2000

ServerLog.rtf

Oopsjoppe

Exactly the same thing for me!

I just paid 79$ to become a supporting member and then 5$ dollars for this plugin just to get playon and it haven't worked since. Only a gray background as described above (and no icen neither).

Would appreciate your help!

@snazy2000

Thanks

snazy2000

Hello,

It does look like there could be an issue. It looks like they have changed the path for there images which is causing loads of image not found errors.

I will investigate when i have access to VS

snazy2000

I have uploaded a new version which seems to fix the images not being found correctly.

If you refresh the screen a few times it seems to load all the images. I think its a timeout issue which not sure if we can fix or not ? @@Luke?

I am noticing the processing time for the plugin to be pretty high given the response from the local play on instance via its internal port to return the web page that renders the same data as the data.xml. 

I walked the code in the assembly and cannot see a smoking gun for the delay and do not know that much about the overhead in emby, is there a repo with the source code that I can debug against as it should be just as snappy as the internal web browser in playon. 

As a note, I made a playon plugin for KODI so have had some experience here. The other alternative is I port my solution from KODI to c# and deploy it to see where the issue is. That path is just more annoying :)

channel content is loaded on demand and when new items are discovered they have to be imported into the server, including image downloads. that's probably what you're seeing.

Not always but when there is new content, yes. The apps go through emby server, they don't talk directly to play on, except potentially for media playback.

By refreshing the screen  I was able to display the icons and navigate to an episode and click the play button. However the video never plays. Just a black screen with white pause button and progress bar. (see attached)

Server Version 3.0.5724.3

Browser: FireFox: 40.0.3

Playon Version: 3.10.54.12753

post-2929-0-96269900-1442876474_thumb.png

Log.txt

Transcode.txt