Emby Not starting

SH4N

Emby has been running fine until this noon. I made few changes to the folder and it stopped working.

On top bar emby icon comes up, but when i click browse media library it disappears. 

I deleted the reinstalled app few times but still the same issue, can someone please help me with this issue? 

Thanks

Do you see any error messages? can you grab the server log? under ./config/emby-server

also have you tried rebooting the machine?

No error messages. Icon comes up when i open it, but when i click on browse media library icon disappears. I tried it through different browsers no luck.

Yes i've rebooted my machine few times hoping that would fix it.

I tried to look for config but couldn't locate it on my machine. 

I tried through http://app.emby.media/selectserver.html it says no servers are available to connect to.

Thanks for your time and help.

If it helps this is the error i am getting.

Safari cannot connect to the server. Safari can't open the page localhost:8096 because safari can't connect to the server "localhost".

Edited by SH4N

• 5 months later...
NullMind

Same problem here, gosh I really want to use this but it's just such a shaky software, Plex has no problem starting but Emby works better with Kodi, but this crap won't start, I see the process running but the server is not accessible

1094- Emby.Server. 125.0     02:39.25 6/2   0    151   45M    4096B  0B   1094 1    running  *0[5

For the lack of response to the previous poster I see OSX is second class citizen here I guess

Edited by NullMind

NullMind

Do you see any error messages? can you grab the server log? under ./config/emby-server

also have you tried rebooting the machine?

where exactly is this log ?

NullMind

Well, I was able to get the server to start by deleting the entire ./config/emby-server library and setting up Emby all over again ... what a pain guys

I'm glad you figured  it out, although if you given us more of a chance I'm sure we could have helped you resolve it in an easier way. OSX is not a second class citizen. Glad it's working though :)

• 3 weeks later...
CubexDE

I am having an identical issue and also cannot figure out where the log file is located. Chrome just tells me that the connection was refused and when I click the icon and select any option, the application crashes. I'd like a solution that doesn't involve rebuilding the entire library from scratch since it consists of almost 18 TB of video files.

I have rebooted. I have double-checked network settings on both my computer and router. I have reinstalled the application using the latest DMG.