WMC in Windows 10 - how to

krustyreturns

krustyreturns

Hey krustyreturns did you manage to download? Link closed due to traffic 

Ray

I was able to get it from this mirror site:

https://mega.nz/#!jY8H3YJZ!NVQIlNrNMR5TZ_GDZr3CO2qCB2NwopDjt4bT0pDpbY8

But I tried it yesterday and although it works (wmc runs) guide data is not getting downloaded for those of us in the US who get guide data from the web.  So it still has a ways to go.

mjktg99

I was able to get it from this mirror site:

https://mega.nz/#!jY8H3YJZ!NVQIlNrNMR5TZ_GDZr3CO2qCB2NwopDjt4bT0pDpbY8

But I tried it yesterday and although it works (wmc runs) guide data is not getting downloaded for those of us in the US who get guide data from the web.  So it still has a ways to go.

I think I read somewhere that the scheduled tasks don't get created.  They had to copy them in from a Windows 7 Box.

Looks like the Scheduled tasks are included and installed.. check the "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center" path:

55f1c706f3f1f_snap.png

Edited by NizZ8

krustyreturns

I think I saw recently that they may have figured out the guide problem too, but I don't know if that's been released yet.

Nick's MCE

I am am interested in trying this but want to know if any-one has installed O'Keefes WMC theme's over the top

Thanks

nick

kim_lombard

Yes, this works for Windows 10.  I have it running with HDHOMERUN tuners.   It also recognizes Hauppague 950's.

My specific interest in this is to fill the requirement for a stable recording engine for Emby by using WMC and ServerWMC for the back end and Emby in all is glory for front end.

Still testing functionality, details can be found below:

There is an ongoing discussion in My Digital Life Forum.  Latest updated installer as of 9/13 can be found on link below:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/61061-DISCUSSION-Patch-WMC-to-run-on-Windows-10-final-amp-possible-alternatives/page125

the newest links to download page are in page 125.  See Workarounds for hints to get the episode guide to work in the .zip.  There are versions for x64 and x86.

NOTE. when the download dialogue box displays UNCHECK the option for the download button without using their download manager.

he box the red arrow is pointing to MUST NOT BE CHECKED

55f4f2b86b01f_unclick_download_manager.p

Edited by kim_lombard

Guide data is not consistently working even in Win7 WMC, which I have been setting up the last 2 weeks (Sept 2015).  One day i try about 8 different zip codes and then I figure wait a day or two and try again.  So far for me it works within one or two more days.  Weird.

So don't think the Win10 version of WMC is not working if you can not get the guide immediately.

Edited by xrqp

krustyreturns

The type of error the win10 installs were getting for guide data was different.  It complained that it couldn't get the guide data and was just going to use old data (and there was no old data).  I never saw win7/8 ever doing that.  That was the problem they solved, last I checked.