Help! Roku MB3 client not working?

Zero_Kool
Go to solution Solved by Zero_Kool,

Zero_Kool

I just added the MB3 roku client channel and I am tying to get items to play but they just try to play and flash back to the play menu? I can connect back to the server fine and view my collection, etc, I just can't seem to play anything? 

Airbender

I just added the MB3 roku client channel and I am tying to get items to play but they just try to play and flash back to the play menu? I can connect back to the server fine and view my collection, etc, I just can't seem to play anything? 

Hello,

what kind of file you trying to play ? Avi or MKV or WMV ?

What type of ROKU do you have XS or 3 or HD ?

When you push play does it stop and flash back and goes back to MB screen or main menu ?

Are you using wifi or network cable ?

did you get the app from Roku privet chanel or from Side loaded ?

Try to un-install Roku app and re install it and then see if it works , but the main point is if you can provide the proper info it will help GCW07 to help you

alos look at the load of the server and process it helps alot to be mindful about few things

Good Luck !

Zero_Kool

I think I figured it out.... I read the blog and it appears I need to set the tv to 720p so the roku will stream in hd by default. I had it setup via rca cables which display default 480p SD so the app won't play it and shuts off back to the play screen. I modified the setting's and it works now...

Airbender

I think I figured it out.... I read the blog and it appears I need to set the tv to 720p so the roku will stream in hd by default. I had it setup via rca cables which display default 480p SD so the app won't play it and shuts off back to the play screen. I modified the setting's and it works now...

Hello Glad you figure it out Good job

Zero_Kool

The only problem I have now is my adult xxx collection won't stream on the roku mb3 client? Everything else, tv and movies streams fine.... I was thinking it was a setting somewhere or a file structure issue but I am stuck??

What are the files types for those and what format are they in as far as directory structure. Also what is the channel doing? Can you get to the details page for them? Can you hit play?

Zero_Kool

File types: .mp4, .wmv, .xvid, mostly.

F:/incomplete/videofile

I can't hit the details page and can't hit play?

Everything else plays fine,. i.e. tv and movies and metadata works fine too for those categories.

If you can't get to the details page, I'm assuming you can then just select collection, browse the movies and then clicking on an individual movie doesn't do anything right?

I'm guessing it is a media type that I just haven't implemented yet. I've specifically implemented ones and haven't' ever run across the adult type. I'm sure that is it. Can you go to the web dashboard of the MB server and goto the advanced tab? From there, select enable developer tools. Now in your system tray there is a the MB icon of the server running. Can you right click it and Open Library Explorer.

Once you have it open, please find one of those adult videos. At the top is the word "Contents" and then right next to it, "Type". When you click on a adult movie what does the type say?

• Solution
Zero_Kool

Thanks, I found out for some reason the only way to play the files is to change the type to mixed content on the server side folder structure, that allows it to play.

Edited by Zero_Kool