Multiple Kodi Profiles Media Info and Media Sources

imadunatic

imadunatic

Hello, 

When I set up additional profiles in Kodi, what should I select for Media Info and Media Sources; shares with default, shares with default (read only), or separate? 

I've been troubleshooting a corrupt database issue on Kodi and I started fresh with no addons or profiles. That worked great for a few days so I figured it was time to add profiles, and then I started having database issues again. So I started back at zero and now I'm wondering if this is my issue. 

With my old MYSQL setup, I would have each profile "share with default" and that seemed to work fine, but now I'm thinking that's not the way to go with Emby. 

Thanks for any and all help. 

imadunatic

Ok, so a little more troubleshooting. 

If I have it set to "shares with default", when I log into that profile, the database does not get updated. If a profile has a separate media source and info, then it triggers a refresh when you login. This has to be the issue. 

On a storage space related note, the profile with separate sources is 174MB, the profile that shares with default is 168KB. Is it possible to have a profile share with default, but still trigger an update when you log into kodi? My gut feeling is that this is a kodi limitation and each profile needs to have it's own media info and source. 

Thanks for any and all help. 

Angelblue05

Each Kodi profile have their own database. Do not set to share media between profiles because we only import what the specific Emby user has access to and each user have their own playstate set in their individual database.

Edited by Angelblue05

imadunatic

Thanks AB. I have been chasing my tail for the last week trying to figure this out. Only today did it hit me that this could possibly be the issue. 

Old habits die hard and I need to completely flush my knowledge of how kodi worked with MYSQL right out! 

• Like 1