Good news!! wmc in windows 10

rrb008

Gutted as I've spent the past 3 days working solid on trying to get this to work. Getting WMC to load up isn't the problem though,despite all my efforts I just can't get WMC to connect to any of the multiple XBox 360's I have in my house.

I only want WMC so that I can use EMBY to stream content to all the rooms in the house that have an Xbox 360.

Has ANYONE out there managed to get an Xbox 360 Extender to ACTUALLY work with this new method of installing WMC?

I always get the "Your Media Center Extender was set up successfully, but failed to connect" error message even though all my Xbox's are hardwired to my router with CAT6 network cable and not using Wi-Fi.

I've manually added exceptions both incoming and outgoing for all the required TCP/UDP ports from within my Firewall and checked all required Windows services are running but alas nothing seems to work frown.gif

So very frustrating as getting this working in Windows 10 would be extremely useful to me and I'm sure many others who still use their Xbox 360's to stream to from their PC's.

:*(

At the MDL forums they are working on fixing the EPG problems. MDL forums is a great source for information. Very smart people over there. With their expertise, I'm very hopeful that there will be a solution soon.

Here is a link to the thread:http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/61061-DISCUSSION-Patch-WMC-to-run-on-Windows-10-final-amp-possible-alternatives/page85

pritch33

Did a fresh install windows 7 Home premium 32 bit (cracked) then ran windows 10 iso to upgrade and no go for me. the cmd pops up very fast and cant read it. tried several times without any luck. Will follow post and keep checking the net for more info.

Ray

jhevener

Did a fresh install windows 7 Home premium 32 bit (cracked) then ran windows 10 iso to upgrade and no go for me. the cmd pops up very fast and cant read it. tried several times without any luck. Will follow post and keep checking the net for more info.

Ray

If you open an elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator) you should be able to run the batch file from the prompt and get a more verbose readout on the results.

I had similar issue cmd prompt up and down fast on the install, WMC not installed. I just went into the bin directory and ran install as administrator and it installed. Now trying to setup a tuner to see if I can get that working. 

Installed with live tv, but no guide. Is their a location that has various versions? I'm only familiar with the link at the beginning of the thread. 

The EPG problem is all of Europe for Non OTA EPG data. It seems that since MS have changed over to a new Provider in the states that the Zap2it guide data no longer works in other markets since 6/Sept. Really really frustrating as I use WMC for all Live TV and recording.

Guardian Hope

I pulled the copy from the latest copy from the MDL forums and got it all installed. I know there was a note there about deleting the old MCE configuration database but I think being on the Insider Pro Fast Ring and going through two updates has already done that for me.

Even though I have moved on to Kodi (heck, I'm maintaining a skin for it now) because of the removal of WMC, I'm glad to have it back.

Don't know if I'll use it since I've gotten comfortable with Kodi but having that green little button back in the taskbar brings a sense of joy to my eye :D.

.P.S. Not entirely certain but I think the one on MDL is using either 8.1 or the last version of WMC in 10 from 10.0.134.0.

Nick's MCE

For those of you who've tried to download the file in question, and found its been disabled,

I have uploaded it to my OneDrive.

Use this link: http://1drv.ms/1ITXEoX to download.

Enjoy!

Mike

Hi Mike

can you upload the link again, cant seem to access it.

Thanks

Nicks

Ok so after mucking around with this and no luck even after what seemed like it had installed I gave it away, then today trying out a metadata program for my music I went to play  a song and there was WMC as an option to play the song so I gave it a go and all looks good. Rerun setup for 2 dual channel TV cards and after a couple of messages about using existing data and then being unable to use existing data I re tuned the cards and all good. TV guide is fine (Australia). I have set a program to record so hopefully all good? Reinstalled Emby and all looks good. still have theater running as to scared to uninstall LOL. My only problem so far is I was mucking around with plex a while back and it is in my layout and not sure how to remove it? May need to reinstall and uninstall to hopefully remove the trace of it. So happy. I will let you know if I find and problems.

Ray 

Ok so after a little playing last night everything is working as normal. Recorded a couple of TV shows watched a movie and all seemed good. I have a couple of little problems, I assume caused by me recently, one of my TV series folders seems to list everything twice and collections folder is incomplete, always seems to be a problem though with collections for some reason. Was also missing a few movies? But I assume this could be its still building its data file as I have added Music and Photos and there are heaps. These to where incomplete as of last night. got rid of my plex listing and all is good. Just hope Microsoft dont do something to remove this in there updates.

Ray

Guest asrequested

I can't make this work, no matter how many hoops I jump through. It says it's installed, I find it, I double click......aaaaaand nothing! Nothing happens at all. Just finish Theater and stop this nonsense!

AdrianW

I can't make this work, no matter how many hoops I jump through. It says it's installed, I find it, I double click......aaaaaand nothing! 

I tried it over the weekend and I get the same thing, Media Center appears in the start menu - but running it does nothing.

bret1958

I wouldn't recommend it. there is no guide data and the tv setup does not work. the windows decoder does not work either. i installed lav decoders and got video but then it crashed if i tried to rewind. If you have a cablecard protected content wouldnt work. if you want to use wmc it is best to stick with win 8.1.

ditto... no guide data and other broken parts.. doesn't seem to wise to do unless u image your system. I did it on a 3rd copy that I was going delete any way.

I Stopped fussing with it when I realized it would be a patch job waiting for MS to sabotage. Maybe work ok for Emby  for WMC but not live TV.

ditto... no guide data and other broken parts.. doesn't seem to wise to do unless u image your system. I did it on a 3rd copy that I was going delete any way.

I Stopped fussing with it when I realized it would be a patch job waiting for MS to sabotage. Maybe work ok for Emby  for WMC but not live TV.

Mine is working fine. TV tuners and guide both work. At this stage it seems to be the same as it was running on win7. I dont really know how It happened as I couldn't manage to find it at first but all good now. as you say for how long is the question? 

Nick's MCE

I've tried it on 2 machines with no luck,can't even get it to show up. What would be awesome is if EMBY developed into a stand-alone program, surely some-one could do this using WMC.

I suppose developing a program which is reliant on Microsoft was eventually going to fail.

Nicks

Ok guys so I have been running this for a week and all seems good so thought I would try it on another PC and no luck at all so after searching around I found the latest version and again it appears to have run without a hitch. So i am going to upload to mega and post the link if anyone is interested in giving another version a try. I still have some testing to do but loaded fine onto the PC.

Ray 

Hopefully this works????

https://mega.nz/#F!0RkWQCoR!jNVRNsAHUWbGgCoz1QLb0w

Edited by pritch33

2nd PC had avermedia tv card added this afternoon, all appears to be working as it should will test recording tonight. Need to check if EPG has updated. but again all looking the same as I was running windows 7.

I will be reformatting the wifes PC this weekend ? and will try it on that as well

I think there has been some changes in the version of media center used?

Not sure but I thought the  version I have is version 6 of the hack but may have read that wrong sorry LOL

For those that like WMC  and want windows 10 I think it is worth persisting from my trials. 

Confirmed guide is working on 2nd PC (Australia Melbourne)

Just hope Microsoft dont do something to screw it all up for the small group who still love media center.

Ray

• Like 1

Just wondered, isn't there a licensing issue with this?

Most likely yes there is and if someone as an issue with that then they shouldnt go down this route. Personally I dont have an issue with it.

AdrianW

I already paid for it for 8.1, so I don't have a problem with it. Plus, MS have basically abandoned it anyway.