Remote fullscreen with web client?

piers

Hi,

Recently managed to get MB3 server semi-configured after using MB classic for longer than I can remember - I'm amazed by how fast the web interface is compared to how MB classic got bogged down by WMC. Video quality is obviously inferior for me as it's streaming rather than local access, but anyway...

I managed to configure MB3 as far as accessing it via a web interface locally on my MacBook with Chrome, and am loving the remote feature so I can use the MBA as a massive smart remote control and have my media playback on my PC, but I can't find a remote fullscreen option? I see play/pause and other playback options, queuing, playlist etc., but can't find a remote fullscreen option? (bit awkward since I'm about 3.5 meters from the PC so have to get up and re-fullscreen videos)

unfortunately it's not really possible because most browsers don't allow automatic fullscreen presentations as a security measure. it has to be manually invoked by the user clicking the fullscreen button.

• Like 1

ok, thanks. That's a nuisance on their part, but I guess it makes sense (I had noticed the warnings Chrome always gives me when going fullscreen with a site for the first time). Would a lightweight Windows-based web browser designed solely for running the Media Browser client with a fullscreen capability be a possibility for the future?