MB for Android

all4dom

all4dom

When I have windows validate to connection, the error I get is dhcp is not enabled for network bridge.

I have created an account at No-IP, but not sure what to do after that. Can someone give me a tutorial on how to set it up for android

I use DynDNS instead of No-IP but it should be similar.

Set up a new connection in MB Android and use your No-IP address instead of your servers IP address.

In my case it's "username.dyndns-web.com". No-IP should be something similar.

good luck.

EDIT: forgot  to add that the ports remain the same  = 8096

Edited by jordy

gillmacca

I use DynDNS instead of No-IP but it should be similar.

Set up a new connection in MB Android and use your No-IP address instead of your servers IP address. In my case it's "username.dyndns-web.com". No-IP should be something similar.

good luck.

Thanks for that. But there are lots of different options in No-IP. not sure what I am suppose to tick or not. I'm guessing I have to set-up a host, but not sure

Redshirt

You shouldn't need a network bridge. You shouldn't need to make changes anywhere other than the router.

all4dom

When I setup my cable card, it would not work and it made a network bridge, which allowed it to work. I may email ceton corp and ask if this can be changed because when I originally set it up it would not work until this correction was applied. If I were to try no-ip....would having a network bridge cause a problem, because I may just do that so I can enjoy mb on the go.

Thanks

Dom

all4dom

You shouldn't need a network bridge. You shouldn't need to make changes anywhere other than the router.

I think it's the network bridge that is causing my problem.

Redshirt

Oh. Why is it there. Typically you'd only use a bridge if you had your PC directly connected to the internet and a second network card that was connected to other PC's. There are other uses, but I'd say that's the most common.

@@gillmacca sorry for the delay, typing and driving don't mix well. I think @@swhitmore may be able to assist you with No-IP set up. He's recommended it earlier in this thread. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

hedgehogg

@gillmacca I imagine your'e using the No-IP free one so your address is going to be yourusername.no-ip.biz (Yourusername being the name you set up noip with) now if you go to your browser go to http://yourusername.no-ip.biz:8096/mediabrowser/ That should take you to the MB Server if that all works then you know you have it right. Nowgo to your android app and put in yourusername.no-ip.biz etc and call it somthing like EXT MB

Hope it helps

swhitmore

@@gillmacca what router model do you use? There are a lot of guides out there for no-ip. If you google one specific for your router model, you should find one. If not, let me know and I'll help.

all4dom

I got it to work..... :rolleyes:  I was putting in the internal and not external IP address. I feel so stupid because I should have known that. Also, ceton corp sent me an email on how to fix the issue with the bridge so I don't need it any more....I have to make a static IP for that to. Thanks scott and mark. Can't wait till Monday to show my buddies at work and woo them. :D

Liking the Android app.

Biggest shortfall at this point is timeline seeking: when I try to forward to a point on the playback timeline, the app hangs for a very long time, or indefinitely. Thoughts on a solution?

Redshirt

A few seconds is the nature of how MB3 server transcodes. Indefinitely means something went wrong. I'd like to see client/server/ffmpeg logs when it is indefinite.

Thanks, Redshirt. Further testing reveals decent performance with MKV, indefinite hangups with WMV. Have not tried MP4, but may convert some and try it.

Redshirt now and again im getting a message about incorrect password when trying to select a profile (No password set)

Could this be down to the Nabi 2 having to be side loaded?

What version is MB for Android on as I don't think ive updated it since it went to play store..

Redshirt

The current version is 1.0.6 and banners are used for seasons unless you have prefer posters toggled, in which case it uses posters to match the rest of the views.

think I might have too buy it again in amazon store, as the Nabi 2 has amazon store installed then it will keep it up to date...

Redshirt when I first select MB for android I get a message about it being unable to login verify password is correct

Ive noticed that there's a icon in the top right and when I click on it it asks for username and pin where do I get this information from?

Thanks, Tikuf.

From the MBServer details on a file that fails to allow timeline scrolling in MB Android client:

Video: eng, wmv3, 1920×1080, 16:9, 8000 kbps, 29

Audio: eng, wma2, 2 ch, 128kbos, 48000 hz

A file that works well:

Video: eng, h264, 1920×1080, 16:9, 6817 kbps, 29.97, default

Audio: eng, aac, stereo, 151 kbps, 44100 hz, default

The ones that do not work sometimes cause ffmpeg.exe to stop working on the MBServer computer.

Ya ok I would say we are failing to seek in the wmv3 file for some reason. I will do some testing on that.

There are a few open tickets with the ffmpeg devs on this matter so it maybe that we will have to wait for them to fix it.

You can actually confirm that it is a seek error by checking if the item has chapter thumbnails in the dash (if it does I will have to look at why  :P )