MB for Android

all4dom

all4dom

Hey Red, I just purchased MB for android and do I need port forwarding enabled when I'm not on wifi? I took the IP # from the Server and it workd on wifi, but not when I shut the wifi off to test it.

Redshirt

On cellular you do need to use the ip of the router and enable port forwarding.

all4dom

OK, I put the router IP in, but every time I hit ok name keeps blinking, above the nip address in android. I do see it appear in connected items in the server dash though.

all4dom

On the road, but will send when I get home. I could not fiddle to much be so sorry. Am looking forward to this app though. Thank you.

all4dom

Red, here is the file. I don't even think I have the port forwarding ebabled. Going to try it now. I am enabling 8945 only?

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Application Version: 1.0.2 (191113) , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Device: SM-N900V , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Screen Width: 1080 , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Screen Height: 1920 , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Total Memory Available: 532 MB , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Max Memory usable per Application: 128 MB , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Application object initialized , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Logger Started , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Initializing FileUtils helper class , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Loading server list from app directory , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Trying to load last connected server from file system , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Loading last connected server from app directory , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Loading server list from app directory , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , ServerSelectionFragment: onCreateView , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , Initialize FileUtils helper class , 1 , main

[Thu Nov 28 15:32:09 EST 2013] , Info , ServerSelectionFragment: populateServerList , 1 , main

Redshirt

Based on that log. it looks like you either didn't click on a server in order to connect, or there was no reply. The non-reply should have been logged.

all4dom

I see android listed in the server dashboard, but nothing else. Should I enable a password for the server and clients? I'm thinking I would want to do this if I enable port forwarding for security?

all4dom

When MB server starts up, I have no password set so it's right there. I made a second account for my son with parental ratings. MB Classic is set to log in as me automatically. But I don't have any passwords set on anything.

all4dom

When I log into MB on android, I get an error message "could not connect to library". What would I put down for name in the setup screen above IP address?

Redshirt

Do any messages appear briefly at the bottom of the devices screen during this process?

all4dom

I am not sure what to put in for name and the error message is at the bottom. (sorry for the big pic, should have shrunk it).

Redshirt

The name has no bearing on usability. It's just an easy way to differentiate multiple connections. You've forwarded port 8096 on the router?

Redshirt

and to confirm, you are connecting ok on lan, it's just cellular that's an issue?

all4dom

OK, just checked for lan.....connect, see media and it does play, but there is s small delay with playing the item itself....maybe about 10 seconds.

Redshirt

that's fine, the server has to start the stream/transcode. So that's normal. So it's purely through the cellular connection you can't connect. You need to have port 8096 if the server is win 8, or 8096 & 8945 if the server is win 7, forwarded. The rules should look something like this. Can you confirm you have that part set up?

all4dom

Server is on win7. I have enabled port 8945 on the router, but do I need to do anything on the htpc where the server is stored on?

Redshirt

8096 & 8945 need to both be forwarded if you have the server running on a win 7 machine.