Unable to Watch TV

omerome
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

I have installed ServerWMC version 1.0.0.58 build 1199 on my HTPC and I have Emby version 3.0.5724.3 installed on my FreeNAS server.

When I click on the Live TV tab on the left side of the dashboard, it seems to recognize everything properly like below:

8UVmFzU.png?1

Also when I go to try and watch a live tv feed, it shows all of the channels and guide information on the interface like below:

TCLlBhw.png

However, when I click on "play" after selecting a channel, the only thing I get is a spinning (loading icon) and I am unable to watch anything.

I am including my log file if this helps.

server-63577062861.txt

Edited by omerome

krustyreturns

Please post the serverwmc log after you try to watch a tv channel.  See the debug tab in the serverwmc window to find the log file.

krustyreturns

Try changing the value Timeout_WaitForTS_MS in the serverwmc settings file.  You can get to this file also in the the debug tab.  Try changing it to:

<Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>20000</Timeout_WaitForTS_MS>

then same the file and restart serverwmc.

• Solution
krustyreturns

I looks like emby can't open the linux mounted path to the recorded tv folder, example:

/media/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Emby^emby_1^2_Digital Cable_3_2015_09_05_13_07_27.ts

Instead try this, in serverwmc go to the http service page and check:

Use URLs instead of smb/unc...  ... for Emby-Server

• Like 1

Thank you very much! That did it.

By going to the Http Service tab and clicking on "Use URLs instead of smb/unc ... for Emby-Server I can now watch TV!

I also deleted the entry "/media/Recorded TV" under the "settings" of the Linux 'Recorded TV' path: for the ServerWMC plugin section under Emby since all of the recorded media is not stored on the FreeNAS machine, but on my HTPC.

Edited by omerome