dlna tuners auto adding

techywarrior

techywarrior

I feel like I saw someone else comment on this but I can't find it.

I use the serverWMC plugin for live TV but the built in EmbyTV is auto adding my DLNA tuners that it sees on the network. Basically I now have double the number of tuners listed in Emby and all the channels that I have configured to not show in WMC/serverWMC are now showing in the guide because they are being pulled from the DLNA tuner.

Not only does this make the guide a mess but it's probably going to cause issues with tuner conflict, and at best if that doesn't happen then it's just a waste of time/resources.

There doesn't seem to be a way to prevent it from adding the tuners. I deleted them but the server re-added them automatically.

On a side note, I think one of the best things about WMC is that the recording is handled by a separate program. That way if WMC crashes/closes the recordings aren't effected. They can also make the recording program super stable since it is just handling one function. I'd recommend that Emby follows the same path as the live TV functions evolve. This way if Emby restarts or crashes it doesn't prevent the recordings from working.

jasonmcroy

It was me that posted that. I wasn't sure why it was happening until I saw your post just now. It is pulling my tuner in twice with two different IP addresses. The way I finally handled it is by unchecking the little box if you click on the tuner you don't want that says enable this tuner. It seems to be checked by default. I never saw a resolution from when I posted about it.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

techywarrior

Thanks, that works. I think that maybe the tuners should be disabled by default if you have a TV plugin already installed. I even tried clicking on it before but I clicked the big green icon instead of the text. Apparently the giant icon is not a link to the tuner settings page but the text (tuner name, etc.) is. Maybe that should be changed to make it more obvious. :)

Luke, there are issues in Edge with the tuner settings page. The IP of the tuner doesn't seem to fill in and when I tried to save it said the IP was required.