Added HD Homerun extend, can't record.

paulgs3

I just added an HD homerun Extend, and I cannot record live tv.

System is win 10 running server Version 3.0.5724.3.  I am also using AIW650HD with NextPVR as the back end and everything worked flawlessly before the HDHR was added.  (I need more record streams).  I don't know where to find error logs as it really doesn't error on the server side, it just "sits there" pondering until I back out  If I try to record from my firestick running emby I get an instant error stating recording cannot be started but I don't know how to pull those logs.

I'm thinking emby is confused because I have a PCIE card and a HDHR?

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5724.3
Command line: C:\Users\paulg\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\paulg\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\paulg\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

I'm guessing that is because I backed out after it didn't do anything....  Any advice?

EDIT:  NextPVR performs perfectly with the new setup. I can pull up my EPG with myip:8866 and record perfectly. Emby doesn't like the set up.
Edited by paulgs3

You are trying to use both the NextPVR plug-in and the internal Emby TV at the same time?

I'm not sure that is possible.  I think you'll need to do it all through the NextPVR plug-in.

You are trying to use both the NextPVR plug-in and the internal Emby TV at the same time?

I'm not sure that is possible.  I think you'll need to do it all through the NextPVR plug-in.

Thought I had to.... I'm confused.  How else would I set up a DVR?   Emby TV does nothing by itself, schedule direct doesn't even populate.  I  just tried the latest beta and now nothing is working with the ATI card disabled. 

Seems there is something else going on.... something about Fios and virtual channels, HD not showing up properly in HDHR with QAM.....(from HDHR forums.... https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22103&p=146493#p146493)  NextPVR detects the channels I want but nothing seems to be playing nice together.

I need to step away for a bit.... too nice outside and I'm tired of banging my head on the keyboard trying to figure this all out....

I tried playing anyways....

So,  HDHR will only stream non-HD channels without nextPVR. Emby (even the beta) doesn't work without NextPVR with HDHR Connect using QAM to act asa scheduler for DVR. If you are telling me that I cannot use emby with nextpvr with HDHR to set up schedule/watch DVR then I need to find a different set up. Is this the case?  

No, I'm just saying you need to setup your HDHR through NextPVR and its Emby Plug-in instead of the built-in Emby TV setup.

No, I'm just saying you need to setup your HDHR through NextPVR and its Emby Plug-in instead of the built-in Emby TV setup.

I did as far as I know..... I have HDHR as well as the ATI card set up through nextpvr before even attempting to do anything through emby.  Right now.... some how..... I have emby pulling up a EPG on all my sources that I can use to record using nextpvr as the back end. But emby TV does not work. I get "failed to load video" and I've exhausted every option I can find from vlc setting to LAV filters, beta and stable.... it just doesn't play.

I'm about to say fuck it I have a working pvr programming solution but I need to know why it is not working.... I amazon primed the HRHD and I'm about to just send it back and just get a set of PCIE cards instead. I honestly have no idea what else to do.

Have you gone into the server Live TV setup (the built in one for Emby TV) and disabled the new tuner (click on it and uncheck "enable this tuner")?

Maybe we're being a bit too automatic there and it is conflicting.

So I got it working, I just trashcanned the HDHR from within the livetv tab.  It comes back occasionally....

With it "trashed" hdhr tuner, KODI now works beautifully, Firestick works, although very slow.  Android app on Titanium android box (same box running kodi) does NOT work.  PC running server is hit and miss.  There is something amiss with the android app and my setup.  I am attaching a server log if case it is of any information. I am amazed firetv stick can run this yet the Titanium element box cannot.... I run 4K vids off that box....

serverlog.txt