MediaBrowser Win8.1 Beta SignUp

7illusions

gthrift

1) For memory there is an option for downloading the full poster size (or maybe that was something else).

2) I think this was requested in closed beta, and is planned.

3) Sure is! It will flip between the latest movie and latest TV show added.

4) You would be better doing that in the web UI. Clients like this aren't really designed to manage your media.

I don't see an option for poster size.

I do see the live tile now.

JohnWhitmore

Hello,

Running a server and 3 clients

Client 1

Dedicated Home Theatre PC with Win8.1 MCE and using MBClassic

Client 2

Homebuilt PC with Win8.1, Touchscreen interface. Will use this for some testing of LAN connected performance and abilities.

Client 3

Laptop with Win8.1 and Touchscreen. This will be the main computer I will use for testing the app and I will be using the app from remote locations (not on same LAN as the server) via wifi, 3G and 4G.

Thank you

John

godbodian

Hey, I had a feature request and I'm putting it here because I don't know how to title it for github. In all the Windows App (Phone & RT) incarnations of MB, whenever you go into movies you see the individual titles of a boxset, which is good for items such as the Aliens Quadrilogy or Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy but really bad for things like (in my case) The Looney Tunes Complete Collection. Navigating 500 cartoons in the middle of a normal movie library becomes a bit cumbersome. A way to differentiate would be great.

MBC doesn't make every item viewable in a boxset, although boxsets as a category aren't viewable either. Maybe such views should be limited to being within the "Boxsets" field.

Just a thought, no rush.

Edited by godbodian

7illusions

I don't see an option for poster size.

I do see the live tile now.

No, there's no option for PosterSize. The app cashes posters and after the first run it should be quite fast?

SilentAssassin

Regarding the letters, try pinch to zoom to access the jump list ;)

You can get a few more to display by enabling  "Show more data in gridviews" from the options but that will only show 9. It's been debated about showing all (which I would have liked) but I really like your idea and it also makes a bigger target to hit to enter that letter (when using touch).

If you're using a touch device then it has semantic zoom by squeezing in you can get to a quick A-Z overview, which works really well for zipping around.

Thanks, never come to mind about pinch to zoom.

SilentAssassin

Another feature, can we have saved server settings, that way I could have two saved setting, one for inside my LAN and one for external connection. When going into the changer server option they would both be listed to click on.

From what I've played with it have not found any bugs. Brilliant app. Just need a new server now that can keep up with the transcoding of my media, it only a P4, good enough to serve files, not to transcode.

ScottIsAFool

Hey, I had a feature request and I'm putting it here because I don't know how to title it for github. In all the Windows App (Phone & RT) incarnations of MB, whenever you go into movies you see the individual titles of a boxset, which is good for items such as the Aliens Quadrilogy or Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy but really bad for things like (in my case) The Looney Tunes Complete Collection. Navigating 500 cartoons in the middle of a normal movie library becomes a bit cumbersome. A way to differentiate would be great.

MBC doesn't make every item viewable in a boxset, although boxsets aren't viewable either. Maybe such views should be limited to being within the "Boxsets" field.

Just a thought, no rush.

How does the web UI handle this?

Logos302

Any chance to get version number listed in an about screen somewhere.    I upgraded to the newest version but other then the powershell script saying that it was successful I have no way of knowing.  

godbodian

Scott, the web UI does the same thing. If you go through the "movies" section, you'll see all of the contents of all boxsets but if you go through the "collections" section, you will only see the front, lead file folder to the boxsets and not the individualized contents.

SilentAssassin

Thanks for implementing my idea, not sure I like the big plus icon though. Maybe if it was smaller and not a brilliant white, maybe a shade of grey.

Steven

The Netflix way is ok but i did like the way that was suggested with it using the blank box space and showing movie count. I agree the plus sign is a bit on the large size but top job on putting it in so quickly!

godbodian

what are these movies? when i search on tmdb all i see for looney tunes is a few movies, not 50.

In any event - no, not right now. you can make a feature request though, but since it looks like this falls outside the typical usage pattern for boxsets that will of course say something about the priority level of this. but i could certainly be proven wrong if the request gets a lot of support.

Luke, if you have one of those LARGE or ULTIMATE Looney Tunes Collections the ONLY way to pull metadata regarding the title for each individual cartoon is often by IMDB, and IMBD lists each cartoon separately as a movie or film as originally before the advent of television, all Looney Tunes cartoons were and are considered shorts or short films shown in conjunction with movies. It wasn't until recently like the past forty or so years that people identify Looney Tunes with television or Saturday morning cartoons.

Nevertheless, you can make a collection of them but the same way making a collection of all the Iron Man movies does not negate them as movies in regards to separate and independent entities, it's the same issue here.

Edited by godbodian

Deuce911

I just want to say that the software is awesome, I have put it through its paces and tough to find any issues, I have posted a couple over at Github but I consider them minor.

Quick question, should the remote section respond like the Win8 Phone, I can see when my sons are playing anything on their browsers but can't seem to get the same result on the surface, I am probably doing something wrong.

ScottIsAFool

Scott, the web UI does the same thing. If you go through the "movies" section, you'll see all of the contents of all boxsets but if you go through the "collections" section, you will only see the front, lead file folder to the boxsets and not the individualized contents.

Yeah, the information is being acquired in a different way for each of those places. In the collections it's all folder based, for the Views, it's done by type. @@Luke anyway to improve on this?

what are these movies? when i search on tmdb all i see for looney tunes is a few movies, not 50.

In any event - no, not right now. you can make a feature request though, but since it looks like this falls outside the typical usage pattern for boxsets that will of course say something about the priority level of this. but i could certainly be proven wrong if the request gets a lot of support.

Heatmizuh

I'd love to help beta test as well.

I have an original Surface RT running 8.1

Touch:  Yes

MCE Remote: No

Desktop running 8.1 Pro

Touch: No

MCE Remote: No

Thanks for all your hard work!

gthrift

Is there somewhere to pull logs for you to review?

I had a force close/crash.  I started a movie, clicked the back button to go all the way back to the main menu to test the server killing ffmpeg.  I then right clicked and to bring up the menu and clicked remote.  At that point the app closed out and dropped me to the start menu.

Deihmos

The surface rt can play mkv videos at 1080p with hardware cceleration. Is it possible to stream without transposing?

This is a nice app. The surface is such a nice product, better than my iPad.

Edited by Deihmos

SilentAssassin

I installed the latest beta, and still cant get videos to load, any suggestions? Music still works fine529901e982511_IMG_4103.jpg

Do your movies play through the web interface, it may be a transcoding issue.

I installed the latest beta, and still cant get videos to load, any suggestions? Music still works fine

Yes I suggest you supply some logs so we can investigate.

7illusions

Is there somewhere to pull logs for you to review?

I had a force close/crash.  I started a movie, clicked the back button to go all the way back to the main menu to test the server killing ffmpeg.  I then right clicked and to bring up the menu and clicked remote.  At that point the app closed out and dropped me to the start menu.

At the moment, No. :(

That's a known bug and it will be solved next week when I'll hopefully have some more time to spend on it.

7illusions

I just want to say that the software is awesome, I have put it through its paces and tough to find any issues, I have posted a couple over at Github but I consider them minor.

Quick question, should the remote section respond like the Win8 Phone, I can see when my sons are playing anything on their browsers but can't seem to get the same result on the surface, I am probably doing something wrong.

It's one of those things that's still on the todo list.. :)