MediaBrowser Win8.1 Beta SignUp

7illusions

7illusions

The surface rt can play mkv videos at 1080p with hardware cceleration. Is it possible to stream without transposing?

This is a nice app. The surface is such a nice product, better than my iPad.

No, at the current state that is not possible. Maybe that will change later depending on what happens on the server side.

7illusions

And so the signup is closed.. I wish I could let more in, but I can't manage more users at the moment.

dgotiear

Do your movies play through the web interface, it may be a transcoding issue.

yes they do, they play on the roku client, MBT alpha, mb Classic and web client but not this one

7illusions

@@dgotiear I really need to fix the logger to be able to get to the bottom of issues like this more easily...

I'll try to get a message dialog to show the error in detail until that is done.

godbodian

Is it just because the app is a Dev Beta that it cannot be set to the taskbar (not Metro view or the start menu) or is it an actual omission?

SilentAssassin

Is it just because the app is a Dev Beta that it cannot be set to the taskbar (not Metro view or the start menu) or is it an actual omission?

It's a true Windows 8 app, not a program like Media Browser Theatre. You don't get that functionality with Apps.

asmithau

Hello,

I know testing is closed, but if you are going to expand I'm happy to help.

I have an Surface RT running 8.1

Touch:  Yes

MCE Remote: Yes

Notebook running 8.1 Pro

Touch: No

MCE Remote: Yes

Thanks

Adam

Just missed out as well. :(

If you need anymore people going forward then Ill be keen to help.

I have a surface 2 (RT).

Also a laptop with 8.1 and touch.

Home theatre PC is running 8.1 and using Harmony remote.

Cheers,

Lachie

godbodian

Are there going to be Chapters and chapter related information? Or will all the playback button functionality be restricted to music files and music playback?

If I'm not to late...

HTPC

W8 Pro + WMC

MB3 server and MBC

Remote: MCE and Logitech diNovo mini

Notebook

W8 Pro using MBT

Remote: No

Tablet

HP Omni 10

Touch: Yes

Remote: No

ernstgot

Another feature, can we have saved server settings, that way I could have two saved setting, one for inside my LAN and one for external connection. When going into the changer server option they would both be listed to click on.

From what I've played with it have not found any bugs. Brilliant app. Just need a new server now that can keep up with the transcoding of my media, it only a P4, good enough to serve files, not to transcode.

Be nice for external connection but would have to have the ability to tell the server to transcode the video.

swhitmore

Be nice for external connection but would have to have the ability to tell the server to transcode the video.

All video is transcoded in this app. 

dgotiear

@@dgotiear Try with the new version and just post a screenshot of the messagedialog of the error.

The problem is resolved, I must have something else wrong, Installed the beta and win 8.1 on my other HTPC C2Q Q6600 and the install was flawless and I have full play back of all media, Utilizing splash top with a tablet to utilize the touch features and we are up and running, Good build

• 1 month later...
Armand

is it possible to disable transcoding ? I want to play all files directly from the network shares for better performance and i don't want to bother my server with transcoding content for regular Window 8.1 clients on my home network.

Armand, great to see you on here. I know his next version is going to do everything possible to avoid transcoding. I'm not sure what additional control will be offered but now is probably the time to put your request in.

Any news on you becoming a regular on our team?