Change movie folder name / path but not change to new movie?

cw-kid

cw-kid

I just renamed a video file and left the folder name alone

I renamed the file:

6 Guns.avi

to 

6 Guns 2010.avi

I then waited for Emby Server to detect the change. 

I could then see 6 Guns appear in the Recently Added area of Kodi.

But 6 Guns did not appear in Latest media or Latest movies in the web GUI

cw-kid

The 6 Guns date added date has changed to today's date as well. 

There are now also two nfo files

6 Guns.nfo (The old one)

and a new 

6 Guns 2010.nfo

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

OK last one for renaming a folder

8MM

renamed to

8MM (1999)

After Emby server detected the folder change, the date added date was still 04/06/2010 (After re-reading the nfo).

The title could not be seen in the Latest media or movies in the Emby web GUI. 

(Kind of, I could see it in latest media area briefly as just a grey box with 8MM written on it, however presumably when Emby re-reads the local nfo then it disappears again from the latest media area and can then no longer be seen).

Kodi after incremental sync, 8MM could NOT be seen in the Recently Added movies area. 

So this is really hit and miss, sometimes they appear in recently added in Kodi sometimes they don't, when renaming the folders.

Kodi Log:

http://pastebin.com/EpLJjLgE

Emby Server Log:

http://pastebin.com/sVfg58ww

cw-kid

For newer movies in my collection since I started using XBMC, I just put the year in the folder name

8MM (1999)

\ 8MM.avi

I never bothered putting the year in the file name as well. 

For older movies when I was using MCE / MyMovies.dk they don't have the year in the folder name so would look like

8MM

\ 8MM.avi

cw-kid

This wiki you linked to:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

Only mentions a structure like when all your video files are just dumped in to one single root folder,  in which case you would need the year in the file names as well.

However as all my movies are in individual sub-folders which is the correct way to do it, I don't need the year in the file names, but Ideally I should have the year in all the movie folder names, hence me wanting to update them. 

cw-kid

I've renamed 32 movie folders now and 27 of these titles turned up in the Recently Added area of Kodi and 5 did not. 

None of them are showing in the Latest Media area of the Emby web GUI.

I  wonder if you can somehow manually edit the local Kodi DB to remove them from the Recently Added area. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

You know when you start a job and then wish you never did... After much time, I have now renamed all my movies folders to the correct XBMC naming convention 

nameofmovie (year)

I have just reset the local DB on Kodi and the Recently Added Movies area of Kodi is now perfectly fine and as it should be, only showing my actual new movie titles. 

The one on native Kodi / MYSQL is knackered though, but I knew that would happen. 

Seems this is what happens when you rename a movie folder for a title that already exists in Emby and when you have nfo files present:

1. You rename the folder

2. Emby detects this change and updates the path and also changes the date added date to today.

3. The Kodi fast sync plug-in picks this up and changes it to a newly added movie title in Kodi (most of the time).

4. Emby server then reads your existing NFO back in and sets the date added date back to what it should be, some date in the past.

5. Resetting the local Kodi DB restores order and fixes the Recently Added Movies area of Kodi and then it only shows the correct titles that should be in there. 

Been putting off this renaming job for a long time, but least its done now and I should be good moving forward.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Great info and it does make sense! The date added doesn't change once the item is already imported into the Kodi library, so if it has today's date first, then is quickly changes to the nfo date it is most likely too late by then.

• Like 1

cw-kid

Actually there is one rogue movie title appearing in the Recently Added Movies list in Kodi. I tried manually changing its date added date in the metadata manager to a date in the past like a year ago, but it doesn't disappear from the Recently Added movies in Kodi for some reason.

EDIT:

I've done a local DB reset on a second PC and this rogue title is not showing on that one, maybe I need to run the manual update in the Emby add-on on the first PC to get rid of it.  

Edited by cw-kid

Nope running a manual update does not remove the movie title from Kodi's Recently Added List, even though I edited its date added date in the Emby metadata manager. 

Seems the only way to remove them is to do a local DB reset instead. 

Angelblue05

Yeah that's what I thought. As I said, the date added is only touched once and that is when the item is first created. I can see that because of server behavior we mighy have to revise this process in our addon, to ensure we have the correct date added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Yeah that's what I thought. As I said, the date added is only touched once and that is when the item is first created. I can see that because of server behavior we mighy have to revise this process in our addon, to ensure we have the correct date added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks, well least we know what's happening with this situation now. 

• Like 1