Change movie folder name / path but not change to new movie?

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

A lot of my movie folders are not correctly named and do not have the year in them, like nameofmovie (2015)

If I rename a movies folder and add in the year, Emby Server updates the path to the new one. Emby Server also does not list that movie as a new or latest title. 

However in Kodi this movie then appears as a new movie in the new movies area. 

Anyway to stop Kodi doing this? 

I know native Kodi does the same thing as well so maybe not. 

Thanks

Angelblue05

You only have one entry per movie on your server, right? I would assume Kodi should receive first an item to remove, then an item to add. Keep an eye on your kodi logs.

Angelblue05

Oh, you mean it reads it as a new entry? Then you need to change the way Emby detects new content by changing it to date added to library instead of file creation date (under metadata > advanced)

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

Yes there is only one instance of the movie title in Emby. I renamed a folder called 

2 Days In Paris 

to:

2 Days in Paris (2007)

In Emby web GUI I can only see one movie entry for "2 Days in Paris" and when I look at its path, its updated itself to the new folder name.

cw-kid

Oh, you mean it reads it as a new entry? Then you need to change the way Emby detects new content by changing it to date added to library instead of file creation date (under metadata > advanced)

In the metadata area of the Server Settings 

Date added behavior for new content:

Used Date Scanned into the Library

Is currently selected.

Angelblue05

Can you validate that the date added for the metadata is the same before and after the year is added to the folder name? We populate the date added in Kodi with emby info so if it's appearing as new content, something must not be right in that area.

cw-kid

If I look in the metadata manager for this movie its date added is: 08/10/2009 so looks like it has not changed, by renaming its folder.

But the Kodi sync added it in to the new movies section etc.

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Hm.... not sure what could cause such behavior. Remind me, you are using direct paths or plugin (default)? I will try to recreate on my side.

cw-kid

OK movie title: 3:10 to Yuma

Hm.... not sure what could cause such behavior. Remind me, you are using direct paths or plugin (default)? I will try to recreate on my side.

I am using the default path setting in the add-on.

Use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback

Is not enabled. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

Movie title 3:10 to Yuma

Date added date is 26/04/2009

55e8577c2d807_MovieFolderRename1.png

If I then rename the folder from 3:10 to Yuma to 3:10 to Yuma (2007)

Emby Server eventually automatically updates the path to the new one. The date added date remains the same and does not change.

55e85975109e0_MovieFolderRename2.png

The Kodi incremental sync then adds 3:10 to Yuma to the new movies list

55e858cfd58be_MovieFolderRename3.png

However the Emby Server web GUI does not list 3:10 to Yuma as a LATEST movie, which is correct. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

Same thing always happened in native Kodi / MYSQL as well, if you renamed a movies folder like that and then ran the Kodi update video database, that movie would then appear in the new movies list. 

Angelblue05

I've just tried myself and I only have one copy of the movie in Kodi. It updated the movie according to logs, not added a new entry. However the date added in Emby changed to today's so it was added to the latest media list in Emby and Kodi. So maybe if the folder changes, Emby updates the date added? I don't know if it's a bug or intended this way to be honest.

cw-kid

Emby Server did not change my date added as per the screen shots above. And therefore did not add it to the Latest movies in the Emby web GUI

I also only have one instance of the movie in Kodi and Emby web GUI.

But the movie was added to the Recently added movies list in Kodi. 

Strange we just got different results. 

Angelblue05

Actually, now that I checked, the movie was only added to latest in Emby, not Kodi. I look at our code and it does not update the date added in the database so it's very strange this happened to you. It could only mean that it was added as a new entry and didn't update the existing entry. Do all of them do this? Can you grab a log? Thanks :)

cw-kid

I've just gone back in to the metadata in the Emby web GUI for 3:10 to Yuma and its date added date is still 26/04/2009 so hasn't updated to today's date as yours just did. 

cw-kid

Actually, now that I checked, the movie was only added to latest in Emby, not Kodi. I look at our code and it does not update the date added in the database so it's very strange this happened to you. It could only mean that it was added as a new entry and didn't update the existing entry. Do all of them do this? Can you grab a log? Thanks :)

Well I have only renamed two movie folders so far and they have both been put in to the recently added movies area of Kodi.

Your result is the exact opposite to mine LOL.

Which logs? Kodi or Emby server or both?

cw-kid

Do you have nfo in the folder?

Yes there are nfo files in the folders. Initially created by native Kodi library export and then updated / replaced by the Emby server. 

Angelblue05

Kodi log, I just want to see what it's doing when the server sends the message. The only thing that could explain the date added not changing is if there's a nfo in the folder. I suspect Emby is loading the data from it so it keeps the same date. I don't have an nfo contained in the folder, therefore the date added was changed to today's date. However I'm not understanding why it would show up under new movies in Kodi. Is it the widget? Do you see the same in confluence?

cw-kid

OK that makes sense what you just said. 

If I switch to Confluence Skin these two movie titles are both still in the Recently Added movies area.

I will rename another movies folder now and get the Kodi INFO log. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

In fact here is the kodi.old.log

http://xbmclogs.com/pgw6hinzm

Searching for Yuma I can see two lines. 

One with the (year) one not.

15:24:11 T:9120  NOTICE: EMBY WriteKodiVideoDB -> ADD movie to Kodi Library, Id: f3ee02a29a01ee4fb1acf0a04faf6c36 - Title: 3 10 to Yuma (2007)
15:25:14 T:9120  NOTICE: EMBY WriteKodiVideoDB -> UPDATE movie to Kodi Library, Id: f3ee02a29a01ee4fb1acf0a04faf6c36 - Title: 3:10 to Yuma

Search for 2 Days in Paris as well some errors about that one. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Something odd is definitively going on. I've just retried and it seems to do the same thing as you. So the issue is updating the folder name seems to actually create a new item from the server's point of view. So again, is this intended behavior or a bug... I'm not sure. If you only modify the movie file name and leave the folder as is, do you get the same result as if you changed the folder name?

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

Here is a fresh log file for a newly renamed movie folder for:

6 Bullets

renamed the folder to

6 Bullets (2012)

There was an nfo file present, interestingly this time in the metadata manager the date added date has changed to today's date for this one. Haha and then I just saw it change back to 18/09/2014 so Emby server must have just read the nfo !

And this time after the incremental sync in Kodi 6 Bullets has NOT been added to the Recently Added movies list, something funky happening!

Yet the path in the metadata manager has changed to:

\\WHS\Movies\XVID\6 Bullets (2012)\6 Bullets.avi

Kodi Log:

http://xbmclogs.com/plk3pr8vt

cw-kid

If you only modify the movie file name and leave the folder as is, do you get the same result as if you changed the folder name?

Will try this now

Edited by cw-kid