Series Recording

paulsalter
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

paulsalter

Hi,

Has something changed in the logic for Series Recording

It has been a couple of weeks since i last used this, but I used to be able to click on any show in the guide and I got a box for record Series, this then gave further options for recording multiple episodes of the show etc

Just tried this today and most of the shows I select do not give this option, i can only do a one off recording

It seems to only be daily soaps that allow the series option

I am running the latest Beta and have Media Portal as my TV backend

I might have ticked something wrong somewhere but not sure

any help would be great

pünktchen

Hi paulsalter,

i've done some changes to the series recording options of the MediaPortal plugin. Mostly what series scheduling options are available/possible (weekly, daily...) but it should not break the option in general. I will look at this later today.

pünktchen

Have you mapped some series genre in the settings of the plugin?

It looks like the series schedule is only available to programs that have the series genre!

I will have to think about how to get both working - empty series genre and series schedule.

Meanwhile enter some genre in the settings or install previous version of the plugin.

• Like 1

paulsalter

Hi,

I did have some genres under Series but have taken them out to try and it makes no difference

Also

As a test I added Entertainment as a genre for series

Went to a show in the guide for this and it only gives the record once option, series does not show

older version of plugin also failed, gives same error (not sure if it takes a while to filter through)

I still have Media Portal installed so can schedule for there, but would be nice to do it all from Emby, pick any show, regardless of genre and get it to record all occurences

Cheers

paulsalter

just done another restart to double check

here is a screenshot of the genre mappings and a show without the series option

55e88a0655ae9_settingsforgenre.png

55e88a1a3b10d_settingrecord.png

paulsalter

looks like that one didn't run

just checked another flagged as entertainment and it worked fine

so at the moment if I want to record more than one episode of something, just make sure its in the Series genre and a guide refresh has been done?

sorry if some of these questions are dumb. I am quite new to Emby

pünktchen

so at the moment if I want to record more than one episode of something, just make sure its in the Series genre and a guide refresh has been done?

That's right until i find another solution.

No need to be sorry!

• Solution
pünktchen

I've just uploaded a new version to the plugin catalogue.

Just leave the series genre mapping empty there and it should work like in the older releases.

• Like 1

paulsalter

That looks perfect now, tried it on a few different shows and series is now showing for all of them

Cheers for quick response :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem and running the same system. Emby just won't show the option to record series. I'm running the latest stable version of Emby and the latest media portal plugin available. Genres are empty

• 2 weeks later...
pünktchen

I'm running into the same problem and running the same system. Emby just won't show the option to record series. I'm running the latest stable version of Emby and the latest media portal plugin available. Genres are empty

Sorry, didn't see your post!

Do you still have problems with series recording? What's the version of the MediaPortal plugin?

No problem  I'm running plugin version version 1.2.9.529 with Emby version 3.05724.6 and yes the option for series recrding is still not available

pünktchen

Mmh, strange it should work with this version.

Can you post the content of your plugin configuration file "C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations\MediaBrowser.Plugins.MediaPortal.xml"?

Also please post the response for a show you want to record as series when you put this in a browser on you server "http://localhost:8096/LiveTv/Programs/PROGRAMID?api_key=APIKEY"!

PROGRAMID is the long number you'll see in the url for the given show, APIKEY you'll find in emby dashboard under advanced settings, security

Btw. does it work for you with version 1.1.1.31145 of the plugin? Don't forget to refresh the guide data (task) after installing.

This is the message I'm receiving

Response Status

Error Code

SecurityException

Access token is invalid or expired.

Stack Trace

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ApiHostName>localhost</ApiHostName>

<ApiPortNumber>4322</ApiPortNumber>

<RequiresAuthentication>true</RequiresAuthentication>

<UserName>*****</UserName>

<Password>****</Password>

<LimitStreaming>false</LimitStreaming>

<EnableDirectAccess>false</EnableDirectAccess>

<RequiresPathSubstitution>false</RequiresPathSubstitution>

<LocalFilePath />

<RemoteFilePath />

<PreviewThumbnailOffsetMinutes>5</PreviewThumbnailOffsetMinutes>

<DefaultChannelGroup>0</DefaultChannelGroup>

<GenreMappings>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENREMOVIE</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENRESERIES</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENRESPORT</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENRENEWS</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENREKIDS</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

<item>

<key>

<string>GENRELIVE</string>

</key>

<value>

<ArrayOfString>

<string />

</ArrayOfString>

</value>

</item>

</GenreMappings>

<DefaultChannelSortOrder>Default</DefaultChannelSortOrder>

</PluginConfiguration>

pünktchen

This is the message I'm receiving Response Status Error Code SecurityException Message Access token is invalid or expired. Stack Trace at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

[emoji1] You have to take an Apikey for the browser you are currently using with the latest date in the long list.

Your configuration looks okay so far.

Must have entered something wrong the first time because now  it worked.

Name The Simpsons Server Id f2c4423fbcff4f16a18c730f1045c12d Id 9f4126dc5ec4cd1c374acf066d81e535 Etag ed8c458a86734fb53ba34ff3a4ec6560 Date Created 2015-10-04T18:18:05.3363204Z Can Delete false Can Download false Supports Sync false Sort Name simpsons External Urls Channel Id 45f0b25a4fdf315a5e3d491447cec70d Channel Name WZAW Overview Someone steals the smoker Homer bought from a mysterious man at a barbecue shack. Taglines Genres Run Time Ticks 18000000000 Play Access Full Remote Trailers Provider Ids Is Folder false Type Program People Studios Display Preferences Id 8cab5e5f60ae4830c47f6431bbe4c3cb Tags Keywords Image Tags Backdrop Image Tags Screenshot Image Tags Location Type Virtual Media Type Video End Date 2015-10-05T00:30:00.0000000Z Production Locations Locked Fields Lock Data false Start Date 2015-10-05T00:00:00.0000000Z Is Repeat false Episode Title Cue Detective Channel Type TV

Edited by UTRR

pünktchen

Yeah, there's missing IsSeries true, but i don't know why :(

Attached you'll find a special version where IsSeries is set to true no matter what you have done to genre mapping.

Similar as in older versions of the plugin...

If this doesn't work i'm really lost.

pünktchen

Just another question: does your guide source not provide any kind of genre at all?

Maybe that's the reason why it doesn't work for you and i have to think about how to catch this scenareo.