Trailers Plug-in on Amazon FireTV

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Hi there forum -

I am using the trailers plug-in with no problem on the web client on my server but cannot get them to play on my Amazon FireTV box (not stick).

I have a hardwired connection with oodles of d/l speed so no problems there. I can navigate the Trailers menus, see default cover art and descriptions show up but no streaming content.

Anyone else experiencing this on AFTV?

Cheers, @Tanamur

Which trailers are you trying to play?

What happens when you try?

What Playback settings are selected?

What version of the app?

Tanamur
Which trailers are you trying to play? I tried from all three sections, New & Upcoming, Blueray and Neflix

What happens when you try? Screen turns black for buffering, timing bar, video attributes and movie artwork visible but no video plays after even 15 minutes.

What Playback settings are selected? Deselected VLC Player ticked by default - This solved the problem, trailers now stream and play.

What version of the app? 1.0.80a for AFTV and Version 3.0.5724.3 for Server

Thanks for the nudge ebr, I was reluctant to change the settings from the default but since the VLC player was the newest thing I tried it first.

Tanamur

With the next release you should try re-enabling the VLC player.

Thanks again @@ebr  I have been away for a while but now have a bit of time. The AFTV app is beautifully presented. I am sure there are some hurdles coming with the Amazon OS 5.x release and the rumored AFTV v.2 box.

Regardless, the development team deserves their props for a fine app.

• Like 1