Developers Needed Apple TV 4?

corey

If the rumors are true and the new Apple TV will have an App Store and SDK will the Emby team be looking for developers from the community to build an Emby app for this platform?

I should preface this with the fact that I'm a developer, but haven't done any development on iOS or OS X platforms. I'm eager to learn and I wanted to express my interest.

I apologize if this was the wrong place to put this thread.

Thanks!

If this turns out to be true then yes we will definitely want to do an app. Check back with me once an announcement is made and we can talk more.

• Like 1

Well the SDK / OS has been announced and the developer beta will be going up today. What are the next steps to help make this real? 

Thanks!

mediacowboy

Just out of curiosity, I saw that apps will be cross platform for iPhone, iPad, and apple TV. So does that mean we will have the same look on all device's or would we try to create a dedicated TV app?

DarkKnightWong

Im a full time Java and C# developer, I have played around with the iOS SDK in the past.

I would love to help with an Emby App for tvOS Apple Tv 4

Deathsquirrel

I wonder what the codec support will be like.  The first company to put out a device that can run emby, with a decent remote, solid video playback, and bitstreaming support for the HD audio tracks in my movie rips will win my eternal affection.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
pir8radio

Just bought one, so figured i would ask....   Has the team started with this yet? Or still on the lookout for developers?