FR: Trakt plugin - collection sync

steve1977

steve1977

Would love to see the trakt plugin being enhanced not only to scrobble, but also to sync my movie collection (i.e., only movies in my MBS library show as part of my trakt movie collection). Thanks for looking into this!!!

• Like 1

steve1977

Cool. Actually, trakt will (only) become exciting once you are able to sync your MBS library with it. Then you can see what movies you have and can also spot great movies that you have not in your collection yet.

• 2 weeks later...
yardameus

So are you saying that movies that you add to your collection on your computer are not being added to your collection on Trakt?  Is the trak Sync Library to Trakt.tv scheduled task running (or has it ever run)?  All my shows and movies sync up nicely.

sfnetwork

OK... am I missing something here...

Trakt plugin already does that...

2013-12-08%2010-40-33%20PM.jpg

But you need this setup as well...

2013-12-08%2010-43-34%20PM.jpg

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
steve1977

Wow, this is great. Wasn't aware that the functionality already existed.

I guess it didn't work for me as I didn't add the "folders monitored" in the settings. Is it already working for both movies and tvshows? Would it make sense just by default to include all folders that are added to MBS?

Thanks in advance!

CBers

Not sure the trakt plugin manages your Trakt collection.

In other words, if you delete something from your MB3 collection, I don't believe it deletes it from your Trakt collection.

It did in MB2, but not MB3.

I could be wrong.

sfnetwork

Not sure the trakt plugin manages your Trakt collection.

In other words, if you delete something from your MB3 collection, I don't believe it deletes it from your Trakt collection.

It did in MB2, but not MB3.

I could be wrong.

Did you try/confirm it?

CBers

Did you try/confirm it?

Well, I have loads of shows/movies in my Trakt collection that I no longer have in my mb3 collection.

Redshirt

Are those shows recent? Delete functionality wasn't included in earlier versions of the trakt plugin. I beleive current versions do delete stuff from trakt if you manually delete something.

CBers

Are those shows recent? Delete functionality wasn't included in earlier versions of the trakt plugin. I beleive current versions do delete stuff from trakt if you manually delete something.

Define recent :)

I have 25+ TV shows in Trakt that aren't in my mb3 collection.

Does/should your plugin update Trakt with only what's in mb3?

sfnetwork

Just curious, do you use other platform with Trakt (like xbmc)? Sent from Tapatalk.

Edited by sfnetwork

Redshirt

OK. I just tested deleting both an episode and a movie from my library and in both instances the deletion was reported to trakt.tv. That being said, I did have two shows that were in my collection that I'd deleted a long time ago. Possibly before adding delete functionality which was done something like 6 months ago.

The shows that are in your library, that shouldn't be. If you navigate into them, do they show any of the episodes as in your collection? I only send Movie and Episode related events to trakt.tv. I'd just assumed if you had no episodes that trakt.tv would remote the Show.

CBers

The shows that are in your library, that shouldn't be. If you navigate into them, do they show any of the episodes as in your collection? I only send Movie and Episode related events to trakt.tv. I'd just assumed if you had no episodes that trakt.tv would remote the Show.

I have in my Trakt collection for example, the TV show FRINGE, which I stopped watching at the end of season 3, and it doesn't exist in my MB3 collection.

Trakt says I have 0 out of 100 episodes.

I have many others that I have added and deleted to/from my MB3 collections which still exist in Trakt

I leave some TV shows in my collection for future airings, but delete the watched seasons, so I don't really want these deleted from Trakt, but if they were it's not the end of the world.

I only want in Trakt, what's in my MB3 collection.

Does the MB3 Trakt plugin have at least the same functionality as the MB2 version ??

I ask as that had the option to completely refresh Trakt from your MB2 collections if I remember correctly.

TIA.

Edited by CBers

Redshirt

I'm not sure what the MB2 plugin could and couldn't do anymore. However your statements have just reaffirmed that trakt.tv isn't deleting shows that have no episodes. Possibly even for the usage scenario you outlined. 

I'll just update the plugin to send show deletes if MB3 detects that a show has been deleted. That won't affect shows that were deleted in the past, but should resolve the issue moving forward.

• 3 weeks later...
Koleckai Silvestri

Can anyone confirm this is working? I still have not succeeded to sync and clean my movie library running this add-on.

It partially works for me. I was able to sync 308 movies out of the 372 that are currently in my library. It synced all 86 television series.

http://trakt.tv/user/WayneLuke

Watched states aren't accurate though. I did this on my hidden admin account and not the main account used for viewing in the system.