Android 2.3

Redshirt
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

• Solution
Redshirt

Plex came to the same realization as well. They abandoned support for 2.x in their Android client.

Gingerbread is about 25% of the market and it's only going to get smaller from here.

2013-11-27%204-10-06%20PM.jpg

• Like 1

techywarrior

Any recommendations?

Get a new tablet :)

I don't think you are going to get any help running with 2.3. If the tablet is able to run 4.x then you can try rooting it and installed 4.x

Pretty sure the newer browsers for Android won't run on 2.3 and they are required because the old browsers don't have full HTML5 support.

I don't know about the Android MB App but I think it requires 4.1 as well. So your best bet is to root and install 4.x if able... or simply get a new $80 cheapo Android 4.1 tablet.

Yea and I personally have pressured mark to not support anything lower than 3.0 (or even 4), so if anything, blame me. The lower the version you support, the less new features you can utilize, the less cutting edge the app winds up, and the more random issues you have to dump time into hunting down. "I'm on an old 2.X device which doesn't support xyz and so screen A is failing"...which causes Redshirt to go "Wtf I based the whole screen on that, now what i am going to do".

Logos302

yeah it would be nice now that it release to back ported for basic functionality for Android 2.x,3.x,4.x.  But I completely understand why.    

godbodian

Is there any known work around or option for Android 2.3? I can't run it from the Android device using the browser because of the web sockets. I have this old tablet I've hacked and modded so I can give it to my youngest without fear of her breaking something of actual value.

Any recommendations?