Can't find folders view for home screen

imadunatic
Go to solution Solved by imadunatic,

imadunatic

Hello, I'm running server version 3.0.5713.1. 

I'm trying to figure out how to view items according to their folder structure; but it appears I've got a setting wrong for this to be possible (I assume it's just a checkbox somewhere). 

I found this topic: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22009-keep-filefolder-structure/ which is basically what I want, but I can't seem to find the settings to allow this. More specifically, the "display a folders view to show plain media folders" doesn't exist in my home screen settings. 

My use case is that I have our library separated according to age appropriate content and limiting the rating by user seems to not work as well as I'd hoped (restricted users can still view R-rated films even if the limit is set to TV-14). If I could set user views based upon folder structure, then I wouldn't need the parental controls. 

Thanks for any and all help. I have been known to overlook the blatantly obvious. 

• Solution
imadunatic

Nevermind... I created additional "kid" libraries and only selected the folders I wanted them to have access to. I will use this to build the lists for their profiles in Kodi... 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Elburts

I am having the same problem where "specifically, the "display a folderview to show plain media folders" doesn't exist in my home screen settings."

Is there a way to add this back to see this on a Roku client?

Happy2Play

I am having the same problem where "specifically, the "display a folderview to show plain media folders" doesn't exist in my home screen settings."

Is there a way to add this back to see this on a Roku client?

That setting was removed.  You now have to do your library folders via View Styles.

User icon top right-Settings-Home Screen settings-View Styles

Edited by Happy2Play