Video interlace detection

fc7
Go to solution Solved by fc7,

I've ripped several DVDs using MakeMKV, without reencoding.

The original DVDs are all interlaced, but after playing them with webclient on iOS I noticed that they are not being de-interlaced.

I also checked the media information in Emby and all of them have the "Interlaced" attribute set to "No" so I guess Emby is not trying to de-interlace them when transcoding.

I also found this thread from last year but I'm not sure if there was any advance since then:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/5437-any-way-to-set-mb-server-to-deinterlace/?hl=deinterlace

Is it possible to switch the Interlaced attribute to yes in any way so the server will deinterlaced the video on transcoding?

Should I encode all my DVDs from the original MPEG2 into h264 applying deinterlacing in the process?

Thanks.

we detect interlaced using MediaInfo, so i guess we'll have to debug why that's not working

I'm ready for instructions. :)

As I said the videos are in mkv container but the video itself is the original dvd mpeg2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing to look at is whether there are any errors in the log related to MediaInfo. Maybe the library just failed to load. If not, then you'll have debug the code to find out why it's not getting that info for you.

• Solution

First thing to look at is whether there are any errors in the log related to MediaInfo. Maybe the library just failed to load. If not, then you'll have debug the code to find out why it's not getting that info for you.

I just checked and I don't see any errors but what it's strange is that on server start I don't see MediaInfo mentioned at all in the logs.

I also found that MediaBrowser.MediaInfo.dll.config was something like this:

<configuration>
  <dllmap dll="MediaInfo" target="./MediaInfo/osx/libmediainfo.dylib" os="osx"/>
  <dllmap dll="MediaInfo" target="libmediainfo.so" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

But in my system there is no libmediainfo.so but libmediainfo.so.0.

I changed the value in the configuration file and restarted Emby but I still don't see anything related to MediaInfo in the logs.

I will now trigger a library refresh and see if I get anything in the logs.

Edited by fc7

there might not be any logging statements. you will have to refresh individual items as the library scan is only looking for file system changes

there might not be any logging statements. you will have to refresh individual items as the library scan is only looking for file system changes

I just learnt that. :)

So how can I do that? Should I remove the asset from the filesystem, refresh the library, add it again and refresh the library again?

I just learnt that. :)

So how can I do that? Should I remove the asset from the filesystem, refresh the library, add it again and refresh the library again?

No, just use the refresh button right there in the interface... :).

Sweet. I just try it and now it works! :)

I will now go and fix the libmediainfo library discovery in red hat packages.

Thanks guys.