Set recording path on linux install??

jbmia

I'm using a set of samba shares for media and I'd like to set my live tv recording path accordingly.  Every time I choose a samba share or a folder within a samba share and save, I get kicked out to the log in screen.  I even tried to create a symbolic link, but I get the same result.  My samba shares have lots and lots of space and are on separate drives.  Being tied to / or similar is going to work for me..  I don't keep any data on my system drive...  I also tried \\server_ip\TV and that saves, but nothing saves when I attempt to record..  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Where are the logs ?

Thanks.

Witmarquzot

Which dist of linux? Where are the samba share?

In my debian enviroment I have samba share at 

/media/ServerStorage/Movie/ as \\ServerIP\Movie

/media/ServerStorage/TV/ as \\ServerIP\TV

/media/ServerStorage/RecordedTV/ as  \\ServerIP\RecTV (My recorded tv goes to an ftp site for my family to dl)

then I have emby use both /media/ServerStorage/TV/ and /media/ServerStorage/RecordedTV/  as the TV Library 

I set emby(installed on the same machine) to record on  /media/ServerStorage/RecordedTV/

hmm.. strange.. I'm running Centos.  When I attempt to map /mnt/samba/TV, I get kicked out to the ... /web/login.html page where you select you're user...

Witmarquzot

what about /mnt/samba/TV/ ?

The other is that is might not have the shares set for everyone

Will Emby let you browse to that folder?

Also /mnt/samba/TV/ <> /mnt/samba/tv/  in Linux/Unix