Playback error in Emby App

BrianG

BrianG

In preparing for Windows 10 and getting all movies to be playable on all platforms with no transcoding, I recently re-encoded all of my DVD ISOs to MP4 (H.264/AAC). Most movies play fine, but there are several where I get the error "Playback error. There was an error processing the request. Please try again later.". There is nothing in the Emby server log for that timestamp showing why it failed.

If I try using VLC as the external player in the Android app, I get a similar error: "Playback error. VLC encountered an error with this media, Please try refreshing the media library.".

However, if I use MX Player as the external player in the Android app, those movies play fine.

As an example, I am trying to play the movie "Get Hard". I noticed when playing with the default movie player in the web client, the video appears squashed horizontally. When I try using VLC as the external player (again, in the web client), I get the same error as with the Android app. Is this "squished" video the reason why the android app player chokes?

Also, why doesn't MX Player come up as an option to use as an external player when using the web client in Android? All I see for an option is VLC.

BrianG

I saw that link, but I wanted to know if this was expected behavior or something I did wrong before assuming it was the app's fault and hunting/posting logs.